No help!!??!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dietpepsimanaddic

dietpepsimanaddic

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 05:23 AM

Hi! Hey!! What is happening here, you are answering everyone except me here is my post again in bold this time. Thanks. I really hate this when people are ignoring my post. Are you here to help or no.
That post at the bottom was name CCleaner and Real Network.

[B]Hi! How are you? Me fair. I want to ask all you expert out there, if this software is really spyware free, of what the developer is saying on the website of that software.
On the website there is no privacy policy and in the instanller the EULA was very breif and not much on it. Here is the website address: www.ccleaner.com, it is hosted by spazmatic. I just wanted to know if it is safe to keep it on my computer, I ran Spybot Search and Destroy but found nothing. But I am becoming very paranoid about the software out there because I was burn a plethora of time even to reformat all my computer all over twice and had to change my old computer it was beyond repair.
SO that is why I am asking this question.
On another front, is Real Network the maker of the Real Player has clean up their act yet? I have the Real Player 10 install on my computer and if not is there any alternative out there, because I am streaming a lot, I am a streaming buff, there is some site that I go to listen the only option is Real Player. So just wanted to know if they are now safe.
Another question if I may, Jet Audio Basic the newer version is it safe? I know it the past they had cydoor on their software.
I am very paranoid as you can all see and read.
Can any excellent expert that you are can help me with all this.
I have anoterh question but it is not the right forum to ask, so I will post it on the appropriate forum.
Thank you for your attention and collaboration
Take good care and stay safe. :

#2 Doctor J

Doctor J

Resident Troubadour

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 06:59 AM

There are almost a 1000 post a day here, I am pretty sure 999 of the others do not get answered on the spot, patience & courtesy are appreciated virtues around here.

CCCleaner is unknown to me, which makes it instantly suspect, imho.
RealAudio is known to phone home a lot. RealAlternative is safe, as well as JetAudio (which will also play the .rm format)
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.

#3 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:57 AM

See http://www.spywarein...p?showtopic=539

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button