System Tray is not autohiding icons

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jman93

Jman93

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:12 AM

I have a question. My System Tray is no longer autohiding inactive items even though I have always had that option in the in the taskbar properties checked. I don't think it is spyware, but I could be wrong. The only thing that I did recently was install Norton Security 2006. I am running Windows XP Home Edition (service pack 2). I am going to try to run Windows update to see if that corrects the problem. But I was still wondering anyone has heard of this before or had it happen to them. Could Norton have done it (so I could always see what was running?) or could it actually be some form of spyware. Any other suggestions?
Thanks

#2 silence351

silence351

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff - Helper
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 06:46 PM

I've had the chevron (little arrow) disappear on me in the system tray area before,and that makes the system tray look the same as when Hide Inactive Items is not checked.Is yours missing?
If so,try this:
Rightclick the taskbar,click properties.There should be a checkmark beside hide inactive icons,then a Customize... button you can click to the right of that.Click that,then in the Customize Notifications window,under the heading Current Items,look and see if the first item in the list is set to Hide When Inactive.
If it is,click on the first item,and in the drop-down menu select Always Hide,then click OK,then
once you're back to the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties Window again,click Apply,then OK.
This may make the chevron return,if it was missing.

Edited by silence351, 09 March 2006 - 06:54 PM.

#3 Jman93

Jman93

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:54 PM

I have tried the trouble shooting and even though it did not work, after a few days and a few reboots, it is now working normally again. Thanks.

#4 Jman93

Jman93

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:54 PM

I have tried the trouble shooting and even though it did not work immediately, after a few days and a few reboots, it is now working normally again. Thanks.

#5 silence351

silence351

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff - Helper
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:56 PM

That's good,glad it's working normally again. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button