• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ssflyer

Homepage Hijacked by Home Search

13 posts in this topic

Hello,

I need help. My start page has been hijacked and directs me to a page labelled HomeSearch. The URL is RES://phhdg.dll/index.html#96676.

I have read Mike's FAQ page, I have run both AdAware and Spybot S&D. They both come back clean. ( Also ran Norton 2004 antivirus - clean).

I can reset my homepage from the control panel or from IE tools button, but it only lasts for one operation of opening IE. After the first time it reverts to the Home Search homepage. This homepage also will not let me close it from the red x close button or the close command from the "file" button, instead it gives me a program not responding dialog box, I can close from there or from the cntl-alt-delete task manager.

Thanks for your help.

Here is the Hijack This log.

( Deleted )

Edited by ssflyer

I agree... this problem is spreading like crazy so maybe this should take some priority?? Any chance we can get a general post from the anti-hijackers on this HOME SEARCH crap?

im having the same problem....exept my web adress is

res://ktxip.dll/index.html#37049

im also running

norton antivirus,spysweeper,pestpatrol,cwshredder,and hijack this.....

nothing works........

having the same problem:

I'm using the following virus programs:

- Norton Antivirus

- Webroot Spy Sweeper

- Spybot - Sesarch & Destroy

mega

I am having the saem problem i hate used hijackthis cwshredder spybot adaware and done everything that i can think of and nothing happends this realy needs to be fixed

No reply on my log yet, but lots of sympathy. We seem to be on the front edge of this malware.

I have Windows XP Home Edition. One of my friends suggested going back about a week and running a system restore.

What do you think ??

:D Good News !!

AdAware posted an update today that gets rid of this malware.

Only trick is that after you scan and fix the identified objects, you have to make sure you go into Internet options and manually reset your homepage.

I didn't do this the first time I cleaned the system, and at startup this malware directs you to a website that automatically reloads the original virus.

So just clean the system with AdAware, reset your homepage and you are good to go.

THANK YOU ADAWARE !!! :bounce:

I have been doing some research on this Homesearch - it is a limited Search Page with Affiliate programs - I am now contacting the companies that are paying affiliate fees to this HIJACKED PAGE .... Anyone that wants to join in on a class action suit to recover damages - please reply to this post ....... What I suggest you do is contact 20 - 30 of the websites linked to this HIJACKED PAGE and express your concers. Lets get this huy where it HURTS - CUT OFF HIS MONEY from this HIJACKED PAGE

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0