Browers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jman93

Jman93

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 04:22 PM

I wanted to start out by saying I think this is a great site. I have been reading the posts and trying to learn a few things. I was also having a problem of being hijacked (I think that is why most people are here). I did post my log in another thread under Malware Removal (I hope that is the right place). While reading the different sections of the site I came across the "prevention" link and it says to use another browser besides IE, I would like to correct the problem I have now, but I also need to work on prevention and not letting it happen again. I was trying to see if it is true the other browser are not vunerable to the same type of attacks. :wtf:

#2 discogail

discogail

"All you need is a gorilla and a dream"

• Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 04:29 PM

I'll leave the "other browser" recommendations to others...(we have some very passionate supporters of other browsers here),,but as far as IE is concerned..there is a lot you can do to get more secure...

take a look at
Stop IE hijacking before it happens

hope you find it helpful.

#3 Mike

Mike

Dark Lord of SWI

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 04:29 PM

They aren't. All hijackers target Internet Explorer..

Mozilla/Firefox and Opera are built with better security, so there is no easy way to hijack any of them.

I suggest Mozilla if you've never used anything except MSIE. Firefox is my favorite, but it takes a little getting used to. Mozilla is a little more refined. http://www.mozilla.o...cts/mozilla1.x/
SpywareInfo: How are you gentlemen?? All your base are belong to us!!
Spyware: What you say!!
SpywareInfo: You have no chance to survive. Make your time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button