• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
    • Budfred

PLEASE READ - Reversing upgrade   02/23/2017

We have found that this new upgrade is somewhat of a disaster.  We are finding lots of glitches in being able to post and administer the forum.  Additionally, there are new costs associated with the upgrade that we simply cannot afford.  As a result, we have decided to reverse course and go back to the previous version of our software.  Since this will involve restoring it from a backup, we will lose posts that have been added since January 30 or possibly even some before that.    If you started a topic during that time, we urge you to make backups of your posts and you will need to start the topics over again after the change.  You can simply paste the copies of your posts that you created at that point.    If you joined the forum this month, you will need to re-register since your membership will be lost along with the posts.  Since you have a concealed password, we cannot simply restore your membership for you.   We are going to backup as much as we can so that it will reduce inconvenience for our members.  Unfortunately we cannot back everything up since much will be incompatible with the old version of our software.  We apologize for the confusion and regret the need to do this even though it is not viable to continue with this version of the software.   We plan to begin the process tomorrow evening and, if it goes smoothly, we shouldn't be offline for very long.  However, since we have not done this before, we are not sure how smoothly it will go.  We ask your patience as we proceed.   EDIT: I have asked our hosting service to do the restore at 9 PM Central time and it looks like it will go forward at that time.  Please prepare whatever you need to prepare so that we can restore your topics when the forum is stable again.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frozenwater

Hijacked again! res://aqntz.dll/index.html#37049

10 posts in this topic

I am about to quit my job, but want to clean up my laptop that I have to turn in to the company before I do! Please help!

Here is the hijack log. I have run cwshredder, adaware, spybot, pepper uninstaller and have even burned a couple virgins, nothing seems to help.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7

Scan saved at 4:58:51 PM, on 6/15/2004

Platform: Windows 2000 (WinNT 5.00.2195)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:

C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\DefWatch.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\Rtvscan.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\stisvc.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\mspmspsv.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINNT\dslaunch.exe

C:\WINNT\System32\S3tray.exe

C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\vptray.exe

C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE

C:\WINNT\system32\syswq32.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\atlcb32.exe

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\EXCEL.EXE

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\fred\Desktop\CWShredder.exe

C:\WINNT\Explorer.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

C:\WINNT\System32\msiexec.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\fred\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINNT\system32\aqntz.dll/sp.html#37049

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = res://aqntz.dll/index.html#37049

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = res://aqntz.dll/index.html#37049

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINNT\system32\aqntz.dll/sp.html#37049

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = res://aqntz.dll/index.html#37049

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = res://C:\WINNT\system32\aqntz.dll/sp.html#37049

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {AC7E3BCE-14CE-7C2A-E29B-412270AA8258} - C:\WINNT\d3dx.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [s3TRAY] S3tray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\vptray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [syswq32.exe] C:\WINNT\system32\syswq32.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sr64] C:\Documents and Settings\fred\Application Data\Microsoft\sr64\abliglol.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE

O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Maintain Block List... - C:\PROGRA~1\AdShield\AdShield\maintain.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to &Block List... - C:\PROGRA~1\AdShield\AdShield\suppress.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to &Exclude List... - C:\PROGRA~1\AdShield\AdShield\restrict.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: AdShield Option &Settings... - C:\PROGRA~1\AdShield\AdShield\settings.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O9 - Extra button: AdShield (HKCU)

O16 - DPF: {02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B} (QuickTime Object) - http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab

O16 - DPF: {2253F320-AB68-4A07-917D-4F12D8884A06} (ChainCast VMR Client Proxy) - http://www.streamaudio.com/download/ccpm_0237.cab

O16 - DPF: {33564D57-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71} - http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/6...922/wmv9VCM.CAB

O16 - DPF: {3E68E405-C6DE-49FF-83AE-41EE9F4C36CE} (Office Update Installation Engine) - http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate/content/opuc.cab

O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/...8049.4297106481

O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = ef2003.ensignfloral.com

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{E9EFDC57-17BA-4C80-A1D8-7DE3B19377C8}: NameServer = 192.168.61.88

O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = ef2003.ensignfloral.com

O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = ef2003.ensignfloral.com

the 017 entries represent my company and its IP address.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Frozen

24 hour bump. It also seems to want to install windows xp, and it is preventing me from logging onto spywareinfo.com directly.

Thanks again in advance for any help.

48 hours and still no solution bump.

It took me a couple of hours just to get to this forum, this thing is killing me. - I am literally about to destroy my harddrive then turn it in to the company, better that than having them see all these popups.

Try the following:

1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete once => Click Task Manager => Click the Processes tab => Double-click the Image Name column header to alphabetically sort the processes => Scroll through the list and look for "syswq32.exe" and "atlcb32.exe". If you find the files, click on them, and then click End Process => Exit the Task Manager.
  2. Run HijackThis, click on "Scan" and then place a check mark in the following boxes, And click on "Fix Checked":
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINNT\system32\aqntz.dll/sp.html#37049
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = res://aqntz.dll/index.html#37049
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = res://aqntz.dll/index.html#37049
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINNT\system32\aqntz.dll/sp.html#37049
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = res://aqntz.dll/index.html#37049
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = res://C:\WINNT\system32\aqntz.dll/sp.html#37049
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [syswq32.exe] C:\WINNT\system32\syswq32.exe
  3. Please reboot into safe mode - How do I boot into "Safe" mode?.
  4. Delete the following files:
    C:\WINNT\system32\syswq32.exe
    C:\WINNT\system32\atlcb32.exe
  5. Reboot in normal mode
  6. Please download TheKillbox from .
  7. Unzip the files to a folder, then double-click on Killbox.exe to run it. In the "Paste Full Path of File to Delete" box, copy and paste the following: C:\WINNT\system32\aqntz.dll
  8. Don't click any of the buttons though, instead please click on the Action menu and choose "Delete on Reboot". On the next screen, click on the File menu and choose "Add File". The filenameand path should show up in the window. If that's successful, choose the Action menu and select "Process and Reboot". You'll be prompted to reboot, do so.
  9. Reboot in normal mode and post a fresh log

PGPhantom - Thank you very kindly for your help - you guys amaze me you truly do. Major karma points awarded.

-Now, I did all that you asked, and I must admit, before I saw your post I pretty much went kill crazy myself - figured what can I loose. So I compared my machine to another that had no problems, and zapped anything that looked different in hijack log -

Now, your killbox link would not work for me, but I did delete the aqntz.dll

-other things I deleted that you did not suggest were:

(all of these are in the winnt/system32 folder)

stisvc.exe

mspmspsv.exe (and a .dll with the same name)

sdktv32.exe

and under winnt folder I killed ntow.dll

I am to nervous to say I am no longer inficted, but here is the log.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7

Scan saved at 5:32:27 PM, on 6/17/2004

Platform: Windows 2000 (WinNT 5.00.2195)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:

C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\DefWatch.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\Rtvscan.exe

C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe

C:\WINNT\Explorer.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\fred\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.cnn.com/

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = ef2003.ensignfloral.com

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{E9EFDC57-17BA-4C80-A1D8-7DE3B19377C8}: NameServer = 192.168.61.88

O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = ef2003.ensignfloral.com

O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = ef2003.ensignfloral.com

Let me know if additional steps are needed, and if I did anything really bad by pretty much killing everthing that hijack threw my way....

Bad idea ... You machine may not work. Please stop following all the recommendations from people that do not know what they are doing. Run HijackThis, click on Config, then on backups and restore everything. Post a new Hijackthis log after and I will give you additional instructions.

AGAIN - Please stop following advice from anyone except helpers, experts, mods etc.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0