• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Kelly

Chris Kelly

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 07:14 PM

Hiya Chaps,

I'm currently living with the about:blank problem and Im currently waiting for some guidance from SWI. I've had a little look around on other sites to see if I can find a solution to it there. For some reason I cant find a simple explanation of how to get rid of about:blank anywhere. No one seems to say " file 'blah.xxx' causes just delete that". Everyone has to show their log etc etc.

Why is about:blank so hard to get rid of? How come there isnt a simple .exe that can remove it?

:scratchhead:

Regards,
Chris :techsupport:

#2 Cyroxis

Cyroxis

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 07:20 PM

about:blank is just a startup page for IE all you have to do is set your homepage so something else. (That is if I am understanding your question correctly)

#3 Chris Kelly

Chris Kelly

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 12:38 PM

Im talking about the cool web search hijack thingies which change your starpage to about:blank but display a websearch directory, even if I change my hompage to google in IE, then lock the settings of IE with Spyware S&D i still get this about:blank as my hompage.

#4 PGPhantom

PGPhantom

Superman of SWI

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 12:41 PM

about:blank morphes, changes, hides itself etc in so many ways that there really is no single solution. We are able to remove it by trying out numerous things, looking for files that have their names constantly changed etc. It is definitely a tough one to get rid of but I am sure, someday one of the programmers here will find a single .exe to help the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button