• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rvrachel02

Help please, can't read my email.

5 posts in this topic

Okay, very new at this, would appreciate any help you can give. Had a bad infestation of adware and spyware. Laptop was brand new so I restored the factory settings and started over. Have updated NAV and Windows. Installed and updated Spyware Blaster and Spybot S+D. Also customized my IE security settings to prompt for Active X. Spybot found DSO expoits which I think is related to this, and also found Alexa relates which I removed. Now when I go to hotmail and put in my password, I get an error. I tried to lower my privacy setting to allow cookies on this website, but it didn't work. What am I missing? Also, what is the suggested privacy setting for cookies? Would really love to read my email soon, what should I do? I know I am missing something really simple. Thanks again! Rachel.

I had the same problem. I was getting so fed up with Spy/Ad Ware that I set my IE settings to paranoid level. After I did that alot of sites wouldn't work, including hotmail. I tried dumbing my setting so I could add hotmail to allow cookies, but it didn't help. What I ended up doing was setting both security and privacy down to medium. After that, I had no problems with hotmail.....I still get Spy/Ad Ware up the yingyang though.....Hope this helps

P.S: DONT DELETE ALEXA!!!!!!! Aparently Alexa is a file that IE uses for something (can't remember what). I've heard that if you delete it it can cause problems with IE.

Edited by pissedoffboy

Restored Alexa from S+D backup. Tried to get to hotmail after each of the following things-restoring default levels on security and privacy, undoing immunize on S+D, disabling protection on spyware blaster, and uninstalling google toolbar. No luck. I installed windows updates after I did the system restore, that's the only other thing I've done...No firewall except ICF in windows. Again, I know I am missing something really simple. Thanks...

i also have this problem, but i am finding that it has to do with microsoft, or something similar.

this is because, everytime i try to send information to some microsoft thing (msn, hotmail, microsoft update) it does not allow me to.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0