• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoonerBorn

Divx

6 posts in this topic

Not to sure about divx formats and such as I really havent used it much but I am running into it more so I installed Divx player and found I have several adwares loaded onto my comp. Got rid of it all and the player still works but I was wondering how I could get around using this player at all and still open avi files that are encoded with divx. I just dont trust any product that does this and would prefer alternate software - Thanks for the help

You can pretty much play DivX in almost all players now. I found the DivX Player buggy...plus it only plays DivX...no good for me.

If you downloaded the Free Pro Version, than you got Adware..remove it and download the Free Basic Version. During install, you have your choice of installing just the codec or the player & codec..your choice.

You don't need the DivX player _ever_.

Get the DivX Codec.

OldVersion should have it

http://www.oldversion.com

After you install it, scan with Spybot and Ad-Aware just to make sure that nothing snuck in with it.

Continuing what lion7718 said........install the Free Basic Version...the last dialog during setup will give you the choice to d/l only the DivX codec...check the appropriate box..& you're good to go...you can then use WMP, if you like, to watch DivX movies.

Unless it's changed, this how the Divx programs are distributed

Divx Pro (Free): Has Gator

Divx Pro (Paid): No adware

Divx codec and player (Free): No adware

You have to look a little ways down the download page to find the link to just the free codec and player.