• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iceair

Smart Failure Predicted on Hard disk

4 posts in this topic

Pls help me out with a problem I have on my Presario 2100 Notebook

I´m getting this message in the POST :

Smart Failure Predicted on Hard disk 0: IC25N040......

WARNING: immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk drive. Failure may be imminent.

I´ve been backing up my stuff tonight and I´m f...king scared that this might be some permanent failure.

I noticed this happend when I was trying to install Norton Antivirus 2004 with out a luck and then I´m trying to but 2003 back on and still with out a luck due to the fact the computer is lagging heavyly.

Pls bring some feedback on this matter ASAP.

Cheers

ICEAIR

It could be an early warning that your Hard disk is about to fail. How old is this notebook, and is it still in warranty?

You are doing the right thing in ensuring that all your data is backed up. Also ensure that the backup files can be read!

Sounds silly I know, but I have encountered a case like this where all the backups were taken, and none of them could be read!

Thanx for replying.... no my notebook is over an year old from April 2003....so I think it is only 1 year warranty ? I´m going to check..

Actually as we speek this hasn´t been a problem for 2 days now....and I think it is the hard disk that is dieing on my here.

I checked my data and it is readable...thanx for adding that it might be corrupted.

Cheers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0