3 replies to this topic

#1 iceair

iceair

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 07:40 PM

Pls help me out with a problem I have on my Presario 2100 Notebook

Im getting this message in the POST :

Smart Failure Predicted on Hard disk 0: IC25N040......

WARNING: immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk drive. Failure may be imminent.

Ive been backing up my stuff tonight and Im f...king scared that this might be some permanent failure.

I noticed this happend when I was trying to install Norton Antivirus 2004 with out a luck and then Im trying to but 2003 back on and still with out a luck due to the fact the computer is lagging heavyly.

Pls bring some feedback on this matter ASAP.

Cheers
ICEAIR

#2 dave38

dave38

Devout Murphyite!

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 05:32 AM

It could be an early warning that your Hard disk is about to fail. How old is this notebook, and is it still in warranty?

You are doing the right thing in ensuring that all your data is backed up. Also ensure that the backup files can be read!
Sounds silly I know, but I have encountered a case like this where all the backups were taken, and none of them could be read!
Be wary of strong drink. It may make you shoot at tax collectors, and miss!
Please support SWI forum

#3 izzard

izzard

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 05:51 AM

i heard of one guy who backed up his data and saved the backup on the disk that was failing....

#4 iceair

iceair

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 09:59 AM

Thanx for replying.... no my notebook is over an year old from April 2003....so I think it is only 1 year warranty ? Im going to check..

Actually as we speek this hasnt been a problem for 2 days now....and I think it is the hard disk that is dieing on my here.

I checked my data and it is readable...thanx for adding that it might be corrupted.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button