• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Battlestar

Battlestar

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 08:21 PM

Dear SWI,
I have tried and tried to get rid of this site from Hell.

I have read the FAQ's and have tried all manner of approaches to this festering Hijacker, but upto now nothing seems to get rid of it.

I have used Spybot search and Destroy, Spy Sweeper, Registry Healer, HiJack This and CWShredder, none seem to pick it up and dump it.

As I am writing this email I have Spysweeper running and it keeps telling me that an attempt to change my homepage has been detected and do I want to change or keep my old one, any way you know all this, sorry to bore you. I NEED HELP PLEASE, short of loading an image of my Hard Drive (using Acronis Tru Image) before this grub appeared, but I am not sure if it will load all relevant registry items as they were, or will the Mypoisk be embedded, can you also answer that one for me. I can understand how busy you are, I have time on my side,
Regards,
Battlestar

#2 Battlestar

Battlestar

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 06:08 PM

Dear SWI,
I am repling to my self in the hope that others read this, and it may help. Sorry I cannot figure out if this is the right place to post this.
I feel I have finally got rid of the mypoiskovik bug/virus. I had run Spybot S&D and a host of other programs, any way to cut a long story short, I run Win98se I thought I might heed a report in SpybotS&D, that just kept on coming up. That report was"HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3", so what I did is I went into the registry and deleted the line, and that blasted mypoiskovik has not returned to this point in time, and the PC seems to be running well.

I hope I saved you reading my first email and your time.
Regards,
Battlestar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button