• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
    • Budfred

PLEASE READ - Reversing upgrade   02/23/2017

We have found that this new upgrade is somewhat of a disaster.  We are finding lots of glitches in being able to post and administer the forum.  Additionally, there are new costs associated with the upgrade that we simply cannot afford.  As a result, we have decided to reverse course and go back to the previous version of our software.  Since this will involve restoring it from a backup, we will lose posts that have been added since January 30 or possibly even some before that.    If you started a topic during that time, we urge you to make backups of your posts and you will need to start the topics over again after the change.  You can simply paste the copies of your posts that you created at that point.    If you joined the forum this month, you will need to re-register since your membership will be lost along with the posts.  Since you have a concealed password, we cannot simply restore your membership for you.   We are going to backup as much as we can so that it will reduce inconvenience for our members.  Unfortunately we cannot back everything up since much will be incompatible with the old version of our software.  We apologize for the confusion and regret the need to do this even though it is not viable to continue with this version of the software.   We plan to begin the process tomorrow evening and, if it goes smoothly, we shouldn't be offline for very long.  However, since we have not done this before, we are not sure how smoothly it will go.  We ask your patience as we proceed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kdhubb

Google and other sites will not load

22 posts in this topic

Sorry guys,

I'm sure this has been covered before but I can't seem to get the search function to work or load.

My computer will not load any google related sites as well as random other sites. I have run Spybot S&D as well as Ad-Aware. I was wondering if you guys could give me some help on locating the problem. Thanks in advance and sorry for what I'm sure is a duplicated post.

It isn't blocked... and after setting up Prevx the problem is still there.

Sorry guys,

I'm sure this has been covered before but I can't seem to get the search function to work or load.

My computer will not load any google related sites as well as random other sites. I have run Spybot S&D as well as Ad-Aware. I was wondering if you guys could give me some help on locating the problem. Thanks in advance and sorry for what I'm sure is a duplicated post.

check your hosts file and see if google got blocked somehow the load this it is free and will help your other spyware programs

http://www.download.com/Prevx-Home/3000-8022_4-10364927.html

Welcome to SWI. We apologize for the delay; our helpers have been very busy.

If you have not received help after 3 days, please post a link to your log in the topic Not getting help with your log? located at http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showtopic=48793.

To assure the best advice, it is likely that your helper will want to see an updated HijackThis log. Please post one here in this thread.

Thank you for your patience.

[this is an automated reply]

Welcome to SWI. We apologize for the delay; our helpers have been very busy.

If you have not received help after 3 days, please post a link to your log in the topic Not getting help with your log? located at <a href=http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showtopic=48793>http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showtopic=48793</a>.

To assure the best advice, it is likely that your helper will want to see an updated HijackThis log. Please post one here in this thread.

Thank you for your patience.

[this is an automated reply]

Anyone?

Welcome to the forum :wave:

I apologize for the delay getting to you, the helpers here are all volunteers and we have been very busy here lately.

[*]Please download HijackThis.

• Right click on the downloaded file and extract it to a convenient place.
  • Double click on HijackThis.exe and choose Do a system scan and save a log.

[*]Please post the contents of the HijackThis log from the newly extracted HijackThis into this thread.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1

Scan saved at 1:09:37 AM, on 8/8/2006

Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE

C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe

C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe

C:\Program Files\HPQ\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe

C:\Program Files\Lexmark X5100 Series\lxbabmgr.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1134497857\ee\AOLSoftware.exe

C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe

C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe

C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe

c:\program files\common files\aol\1134497857\ee\services\antiSpywareApp\ver2_0_25_1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe

C:\Program Files\HPQ\SHARED\HPQWMI.exe

c:\program files\common files\aol\1134497857\ee\aolsoftware.exe

C:\Program Files\Lexmark X5100 Series\lxbabmon.exe

C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe

C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe

c:\program files\common files\aol\1134497857\ee\aim6.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE

C:\Documents and Settings\End User\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.cnn.com/

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.comcast.net/

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpWirelessAssistant] "%ProgramFiles%\HPQ\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X5100 Series] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark X5100 Series\lxbabmgr.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1134497857\ee\AOLSoftware.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WatchDog] C:\Program Files\InterVideo\DVD Check\DVDCheck.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iPHSend] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\IPHSend\IPHSend.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Launch\AOLLaunch.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp

O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe

O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe

O4 - Global Startup: DVD Check.lnk = C:\Program Files\InterVideo\DVD Check\DVDCheck.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE

O16 - DPF: {5F8469B4-B055-49DD-83F7-62B522420ECC} (Facebook Photo Uploader Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/Facebo...otoUploader.cab

O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll

O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe

O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe

O23 - Service: HP WMI Interface (hpqwmi) - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\HPQ\SHARED\HPQWMI.exe

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE

O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe

O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

I do not see anything in your log I would expect to cause the problem you describe.

Can you give me more information about the problem. When you go to try to go to www.google.com what exactly happens?

Well when getting on any site related to google, the page simply doesn't load... It sits on the previous page and eventually stops trying to load.

On a side note: On other sites that my computer will not load, the bar on the bottom of IE explorer which contains the bar showing the progress of loading any page.

This bar at the bottom on the left(where the site being downloaded is usually shown) will show some site called "www.google-analytics.com". I dont know if I can't load these pages because they contain something from google or what that has to do with my problem.

Lets take a look and see if there is evidence of that infection or other similar infections.

[*] Download: Hoster.

• Unzip hoster to its own folder, eg C:\Hoster
  • Start Hoster.exe, click Copy Hosts file to Clipboard
  • Click Add Reply in this thread, then right click in the text window and choose Paste.

# Copyright © 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.

#

# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.

#

# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each

# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should

# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.

# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one

# space.

#

# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual

# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.

#

# For example:

#

# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server

# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost

Try this...

Open hoster again and copy/paste the following line into the Add to Hosts file text box on the right:

127.0.0.1 www.google-analytics.com

Then click Add to Hosts file.

Reboot and try to get to those sites. Let me know what happens this time.

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please tell the moderating team by replying here with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.