friend can't log into MSN

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 dbc100

dbc100

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 12:16 AM

My friend is having problems logging into her MSN instant messenger and hotmail.com. Her brother has a PC on the same DSL line and he doesn't have this problem. She told me that yesterday when she tried to login to Hotmail, it took her to Incredifind, but now it's not doing it. I told her to run Ad Aware 6, and she said it removed a lot of stuff. Now she gets a "page cannot be displayed" message trying to login.

When she tries to login to msn messenger, she says she gets a "not connected to internet" message, but she can get into AIM and any other websites.

What do you think's going on?

#2 Mike

Mike

Dark Lord of SWI

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 12:50 AM

Sounds like the remains of some spyware program possibly have messed up her connection.

Get a HijackThis log from the machine and post it in our "malware removal" forum here. http://www.tomcoyote.com/hjt/
SpywareInfo: How are you gentlemen?? All your base are belong to us!!
Spyware: What you say!!
SpywareInfo: You have no chance to survive. Make your time!

#3 billiebob

billiebob

Caperjack

• Retired Staff - Helper
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 04:23 AM

Sounds like the remains of some spyware program possibly have messed up her connection.

Get a HijackThis log from the machine and post it in our "malware removal" forum here. http://www.tomcoyote.com/hjt/

The link to SWI on the hijackthis download site is still going to old fourm.
I know that the link to the new fourm is at the top of the old fourm ,but easily missed if all you are thinking about is getting your spyware problems fixed .Thanks

Edited by billiebob, 16 May 2004 - 04:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button