Just don't understand

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 milkyway412

milkyway412

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 10:58 PM

First of all I understand that there are many out here needing help. I can see from the amount of posts. I have a post out there that was started either June 15 or 16 and no one but me has responded. One post tells us to bump if it has bee longer than 48 hours. Then when we do, we get another post that says, don't bump up your post. It is very confusing.

My main complaint is the longer I go without getting this fixed, the more damage it does. I know that you are all intellegent people and are excellent at fixing things like this. I really need to get my computer fixed. It is my livelyhood. I earn money from my computer. I am a graphic designer and I am unable to do anything until I get this fixed. I am hoping someone can answer my post. I posted over in malware removal. Any help would be greatful. I don't mean to complain just wondering why no one has responded. Thanks again for any and all help.

Debbie

#2 Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing

Donut Patron

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 11:11 PM

Check this out.
http://www.spywarein...?showtopic=7398
Rights are never important until you don't have them.

#3 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 11:33 PM

Hi milkyway412,

I've replied to http://www.spywarein...?showtopic=7306
:wave:

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#4 2qt4u

2qt4u

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 10:57 AM

I get the same response it seems whenever I post a problem. I get very frustrated when my posts seem to be ignored and yet other posts around me get answered even though I have posted 'BEFORE' them. It is very disheartening. Why are my posts always ignored? They can sit there forever and no one has said a word. I like using this forum because I like to use the program Spybot Search & Destroy and you guys seem to be the experts on it. Things are happening to my machine that I know there is something not right and I come here for help from the experts and no one seems to care. Are my spyware issues less important than others here?

Edited by 2qt4u, 24 June 2004 - 10:59 AM.

Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps!

#5 pfofit

pfofit

It's raining spyware.

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:36 AM

2qt4u.

I looked at your last log posted and you indicated that the people at lavasoft fixed you up.

Are you still looking for assistance or just venting that you were inadvertently overlooked? At any one time this board has anywhere between 300 to 500 people crying out for help and as been said before, there are few volunteers.

I would add that your IE is severly outdated and that you need to visit windows updates. Otherwise you will probably be quickly reinfected.

latest critical updates .

Edited by pfofit, 24 June 2004 - 11:40 AM.

#6 2qt4u

2qt4u

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:52 AM

Yes they did I'm happy to say. I was not talking about that post. I was referring to others I have posted before, mainly on the old board. I have only posted here on the new one once I believe. I understand they are busy. It just seems that whenever I posted here for help no one cared enough to help me but yet when I crossover to lavasoft they seem to jump on my problem right away. I really don't think they are 'less' busy over there. Maybe they have more helpers or whatever I don't know. And yes, maybe I am venting a little because it just seems like I get ignored. I am a nice person, I'm not rude to anyone. I just don't understand.

I would add that your IE is severly outdated and that you need to visit windows updates. Otherwise you will probably be quickly reinfected.

It is back to ie6 as of yesterday. Because of a virus (or spyware of some sort) I had about a month ago somehow my ie6 turned into ie5 all by itself. It was really weird but I couldn't update windows or anything or reinstall ie6. It's fixed now though. Kinda wondering if whatever I had and got rid of through this last spyware incident may have had something to do with it changing to ie5.

Edit: Not looking for assistance. Crapware is out of my machine once again. :D For how long is another issue! :weee:

Edited by 2qt4u, 24 June 2004 - 11:54 AM.

#7 pfofit

pfofit

It's raining spyware.

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 12:12 PM

Venting is good sometimes hehe.

It just seems that whenever I posted here for help no one cared enough to help me but yet when I crossover to lavasoft they seem to jump on my problem right away.

As you are aware, there are multtiple reasons why your post may be missed or passed over. Volume, time zones, # helpers, their availability and abilities etc. I don't think that "no one cared" is valid.

I think that, because you brought the oversight to the forefront is why you got my attention. Also there are numerous helpers here at SWI, that help at the other boards as well.

Nevertheless, you had been overlooked. I'm glad you found a way to get you system fixed up. Your IE problem is weird, haven't heard that one before. Keep an eye out to see if happens again. You do not want to be running IE5.

Did you know that you can order a free update disk from MS that covers patches up till february2004. Microsoft says it can take 2-4 weeks. May work better than an update if it reoccurs

cheers

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:08 PM

Thanks pfofit. Will look into the cd thing.

Ya, was weird. Here is my post about what happened if you're interested. I have no idea how IE6 turned into IE5 but maybe you can figure it out by reading this.

http://www.lavasofts...opic=30019&st=0

#9 2qt4u

2qt4u

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:09 PM

Oops!! ^ that is me! I forgot to log in. :lol:

#10 nasdaq

nasdaq

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,091 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 08:46 PM

Hi Guest,

And for the benefit of others.

How to obtain and use the Windows Security Update free CD (February 2004)

List of security updates that are included on the Windows Security Update CD (February 2004)

Any updates after that date must be downloaded from Microsoft Update site.

Nice to have in case you have a major fault and must reinstall Windows.
nasdaq

Favorite tools: [ SpywareBlaster ] [ Spybot ] [ AdAware ] [ HijackThis ]
[ Housecall online virus scan ] [ Bitdefender online virus scan ]
[ AVG antivirus ] [ Sunbelt Personal Firewall ] [ ZoneAlarm firewall ]

My help is free, but if we have helped you in anyway,please considerDonating ,
see this topic for details.
We need members like you.

========
Shouldn't water be worth more than diamonds?
Adam Smith Glasgow, 1760

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button