DSO Exploit

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 perezr

perezr

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 08:08 AM

I would appreciate if somebody can help me with this: I've been trying to fix my Win2k server pc using Spybot ver 1.3 and Lavasoft Ad-aware 6.0, and I also ran AVG 7.0 software and the only one that detects something is Spybot with a DSO Exploit.
MyHijackthis shows:
RO- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search, CustomizeSearch=
RO- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search, SearchAssistant=

that's it, I don't get anything else anymore but my mouse stops every now and then and starts beeping then it hangs and then have to reboot the computer in order to keep working.
I am really tired of this, I hope you could help me.
Thanks!
Rod

#2 OSC

OSC

SWI Junkie

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 09:16 AM

Hi perezr,

....and the only one that detects something is Spybot with a DSO Exploit.

Your computer is not infected with this DSO Exploit. This is a bug in version 1.3 of spybot. It will be fixed soon. See below:
http://forums.net-in...showtopic=17159

#3 perezr

perezr

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:48 AM

Thanks OSC,
that was a fast reply!,
I understand, but the only thing I dont get is why my mouse hangs, then I stop moving it for a while and works again but Im afraid that will hang again and then I'll have to restart the pc. I am using a normal mouse, it's not USB and I've never had such a problem until now and all these trojan horses that I deleted.
My pc had several Trojans which I got rid already with AVG and SpyBot, now they don't show anything and DSO disappeared as well when I did the updates but the mouse still giving me problems, any advise for this?
thank you!

#4 OSC

OSC

SWI Junkie

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 03:01 PM

Hi perezr,

Can you post a hijackthis log for me to review? Just want to see if there's anything left behind. Also, have you already cleaned your mouse (the rollers, etrc.)?

#5 perezr

perezr

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 03:11 PM

Hi osc,
I feel terrible!.... now that you mentioned, I cleaned the mouse and that seemed to be the problem. It works now.
Thanks again! :whistle:

#6 OSC

OSC

SWI Junkie

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 02:27 PM

Your welcome perezr. I'm glad we could help. And no need to feel terrible. We've all been there! Some of us, more than once!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button