6-21-04 Adaware new ref. files clean "about:blank"

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 joeb

joeb

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 12:55 PM

I just downloaded the newest reference files to adaware today, this has finally cleaned all the about:blank homepage hijacking and web surfing popups that accompy it as well as some coolwebsearch bull, i just wanted those to know that prior to this new release from adaware the program would find the problem files but not fix or erase them for good as they would respawn upon your next online experience. Well not today, adaware must of fixed how to delete this hijacker once and for all. So anyone who needs to fix the "about:blank" thingy you should now know what to try

#2 joeb

joeb

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 01:11 PM

bump

#3 Xaiphong

Xaiphong

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 01:14 PM

Sounds worth a try at least. Apparently Im using a pre-181 build of Adaware, and it says that the new ref file is for 181 and higher only. So, Im trying to download the 181 build of Adaware 6 but the dang download wont start. The link on Adawares site leads to download.com with no alternative links, and it doesnt seem to want to download :(

Will that new ref file work with an older Adaware build? (I think its older, I couldnt seem to find a version number on my Adaware)

#4 joeb

joeb

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 01:26 PM

you want Build # 6.181 and you need the reference file #01R323 20.06.2004, goto www.cnet.com and download adaware from there...

#5 Xaiphong

Xaiphong

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 01:33 PM

Yeah, thats where I am trying to download it from. It just wont even start the download. It just sits there. /shrug. Youd think there would be more than one place to download it.

Edit: Ok, I found it at a different site. Gonna get the new build, and get the new ref and try it.

Edited by Xaiphong, 21 June 2004 - 01:41 PM.

#6 Xaiphong

Xaiphong

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 01:50 PM

Well I got the newer build, and the newest ref file. Wow, it found 18 baddies. Thats 18 more than it found when I ran it not long ago. Files, Folders and a bunch of other things. I guess only time will tell if it did the trick. Crossing my fingers though.

#7 Rogue298

Rogue298

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 01:59 PM

I'm using 181 and when I check for updates, it says none are available :( My last ref file is 6-20

#8 BillA

BillA

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 05:35 PM

Thanks joeb, I will give it a shot.

Bill

#9 Xaiphong

Xaiphong

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 06:43 PM

Well, Im still infected. I lasted about 3-4 hours until my homepage was changed to about:blank again. Popups included. The new ref for Adaware finds the problems though it seems, just cant get rid of them permanently. Before that new ref Adaware found nothing, now it finds about 16-18 different things everytime the hijack resurfaces.

/cry

Edited by Xaiphong, 21 June 2004 - 06:44 PM.

#10 BillA

BillA

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:41 PM

Yup, got the latest adware, but the problem still persits.

Bill

#11 Relizyz

Relizyz

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:54 PM

No program removes csw at all, have tryed them all!
Yes they found them but they still come back!

Ad-Aware doesnt remove it, latests update 22/6.
No im still getting it!

#12 jfer76

jfer76

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:01 PM

have you tried CWShredder? I used it and so far so good! We'll see how long this lasts! You can download it here. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button