Redirected when I try to download HJT

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 smokescreen4x

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 04:18 PM

Unfortunately my system has been hijacked to the point that I cannot download HJT or the google toolbar w/o being redirected to some obscure browser searchpage.cc, also, when trying to load certain pages my system is redirected to nkvd.us. nkvd.us has also put itself in front of the name of some urls. I am trying to take all the necessary steps, however I cannot get past the initial steps bc I cannot get to HJT. I run spypot regularly and it continually tells me that I have a common hijacker, that has changed prefixes. I have looked at my registry and can see where home and mosaic have a numbers and other signs in back of them. Also a new common spyware now showing up is delfin project. I am a true novice so I hope I have explained this to enough for someone to help. Thank you.

#2 LoPhatPhuud

Master of Disaster Recovery

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:03 PM

There is not much we can do wiithout a HiJackTHis log.

If you have a freind that can download it for you, put it on a diskette and then on to your computer.

One thing you can try first, is to delete your Hosts file. Search for 'hosts' (it has extension) and when you find it, delete it. Then see if that help at all. I most likely will no be of great help, but unless you have custom entries in it, it is of no harm.

I will wait for your HiJackThis log. Post it in this thread please.
IPB Image Microsoft MVP Windows-Security 2005

Posted Image

When angry count four; when very angry, swear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button