My first post - Question about the new Napster

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 missie

missie

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:43 PM

This is my first post, I apologize if I am doing anything wrong. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the new Napster Light program? I was hoping that since it costs money to download the music, that means it is free from spyware, adware, etc. I have read the Privacy Policy, however, I am not sure I understand enough about all this to really know what it means. I am mostly interested in knowing if the software causes adware and spyware to be installed...meaning, the kind that would be detected by Ad-Aware or Spybot Search and Destroy, etc.... the kind that causes continuous pop-ups, etc. ...thanks for your help.

#2 Queeg

Queeg

Drunk

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:22 AM

Perhaps you could post the privacy policy/licence agreement here?

#3 missie

missie

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:28 PM

Great suggestion. Here is the link to the page containing the privacy policy:

http://www.napster.c...vacypolicy.html

#4 Queeg

Queeg

Drunk

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 04:25 PM

Well, to me it doesn't look like they install any actual spyware beyond copyright enforcement software though...

Our advertisers and other third parties whose products or services are promoted on our site may also use cookies, and we advise you to check their privacy policies for information about their cookies and other privacy practices.

3rd party cookies are generally a pest, though fairly harmless in most cases. Cookiewall which can be downloaded from this site works wonders in blocking them though (you have to manually set which cookies to kill, but it's straightforward)

To be honest, it all looks OK to me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button