Whats going on??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 matty

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 06:03 AM

Hi all. Recently got a new laptop which i bought from a friend. Win 2000 was the OS and last night i put on Win XP. Now afetr installing this the audio devices are not there to play and music sounds etc. I tried to use the volume controls to turn uo the volume but it wont let me select it. Before installing XP music played and there were playback devices on. Now after installing XP there are no devices there. Can anyone help me please??

#2 chagan

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 10:27 AM

Did you look in hardware manager and see if there are any :!: If so you may need to get XP drivers for your hardware. If the hardware is not listed then do a "add new hardware" from the control panel and see if the OS will pick up your equipment. Another option would be to remove your sound device in the hardware manager even if it is listed and looks ok and reboot. I suggest that you obtain current XP drivers and have them in a directory on your hard drive so that when you reboot and the system says that it found new hardware you can specify where you want the drivers to be loaded from. Of course I would first make sure that your bios was up to date before proceeding with any of the above steps, and make sure that you temporarily disable your anti-virus program if installing new drivers. Of course, if you don't really need anything that was on there being that you just picked up the laptop, it is always a good idea to format the hard drive and do a fresh install of XP- your choice though. Good luck.

Edited by chagan, 22 June 2004 - 10:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button