• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wynn

Wynn

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 05:31 PM

My system is either taking a sebatical or there's trouble afoot? :wtf:

The problem, when I can access the system, is no matter how many scans I do - I even did a couple of on-line scans before coming here - or how many times I re-format the drive and re-install Win2K, I can't detect anything wrong. The symptoms (below) return as soon as I have to reboot. I'm not sure if its a software or hardware fault?

Anyway, see what you think:

The problem occurs when the system boots up. All seems well until windows starts to load. The countdown well, winds up and, when you think its going to open, a message begining "STOP" - its too fast to catch the rest (?) - appears at the top-left screen and it returns to the system re-boot, again, and again, and ...... you get the picture.

I've tried all F8 options and they don't function. My only means of access is using the Win2K setup discs. All I can do is a complete disc format and re-installation, a repair doesn't cut-it?

I'm assuming that when I finish this sojourn and test-boot the system the fiasco will resume, until I go back through the re-load process AGAIN!?

Any ideas or help would be GREATLY appreciated!

#2 syrel

syrel

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 05:36 PM

let me get this right?

u reformat, reinstall windows, and immediately receive problems? no downloading, web surfing? :ph34r:
The Daily Titan - Your personal webMASTER

#3 Wynn

Wynn

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 05:40 PM

Yes, all I receive is the "STOP" message and then it reboots.

#4 syrel

syrel

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 06:07 PM

hmm...have tried formatting the MBR as well? could be a MBR virus, although i am torn between recommending an MBR format since so many others are for it and so many are against it....however, that is what i would do if in your shoes cuz it sounds like you are a step away from throwing the hard drive away.

perhaps someone else has better suggestions...
The Daily Titan - Your personal webMASTER

#5 Wynn

Wynn

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:17 PM

I honestly did not think of that, but I will give it a try. Can't hurt at this stage in the game. Thank you syrel. I'll try that and let you know if my vocabulary still contains four letter words :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button