Trouble with URL Bar

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Verge

Verge

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 02:55 AM

Yes i know of the internet tool > general > clear history to clear the URL bar. But as of lately some links won't delete. I have no idea why. Also in the Temp folder there is a file called "Panic" which i cant seem to delete. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and also how to delete a file even though it says "error being used by something etc..etc..".

#2 Misereor

Misereor

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 06:28 AM

I seem to remember something about being able to set the "time to live" period for temporary Internet files manually for a specific file, but I don't have the memory of an elephant.
(And I don't plan on becoming one, as it would interfere with my work on the keyboard...)

This would keep a file from being deleted automatically after <X> days.

If your links won't go away when you attempt to clear them manually, it is probably because they are being used by something.

You delete a file in use by killing the process that is using it, and then simply pressing the delete button.

If you have trouble finding out what process is using the file, restart your PC in safe mode. All non-critical processes remain inactive, and you should be able to delete the file.

Nota Bene.
Scan your PC for malware before you start deleting stuff, and make sure you always have a backup of important data...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button