Can't uninstall Kazaa

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 jeffhere000

jeffhere000

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:53 PM

Hi, I am having trouble uninstalling Kazaa from my computer. Kazaa Media Desktop 2.6.2 appears on my Add/Remove programs list (I have Windows XP), but when I click on Kazaa and click remove a message appears

"Error loading C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\0701\Intel32\Ctor.dll

The specified module could not be found."

I had Diet K installed on my computer, and I cannot unistall that either. The following message appears when I click remove from the Add/Remove Programs list for Diet K.

"C:\Program Files\Diet K\unins000.dat" does not exist. Cannot uninstall."

Please suggest anything you think might help. I want to elminate the spyware on my computer once and for all!

Thanks in advance, Jeff

#2 mjp65aa

mjp65aa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 09:29 PM

Hi,

I am not a helper here. However, i did use and remove that program. I think if u read and follow the FAQ and the "read before you post" article, your problem might be fixed. Basically, i talking about running spybotSD and Adaware.

If my post is useless to you, i am sorry :weep:

Just trying to help cause i was bored ;)
mjp65

#3 jeffhere000

jeffhere000

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 09:36 PM

I have run both Spybot S&D and Adaware, and I'm pretty sure that neither of them actually uninstall Kazaa, but rather just eliminate the spyware installed by Kazaa.

Please post any other suggestions, as I have run and updated both of the above programs numerous times, but am still unable to uninstall Kazaa.

Thanks

#4 dazban

dazban

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 06:56 AM

I know of a tool that is supposed to clean everything kazaa related of your machine you can download it at
http://www.virtualdimension.tk/
its in the Kazaa related tools section and its called Kazaa clean up (278.73 KB)
I havent used it before so i cant garante that it will work but its worth a try i recon :D
Post back to let us know if it works.
Good luck

#5 jeffhere000

jeffhere000

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 07:55 AM

Thanks for the link...I downloaded Kazaa cleanup (which looks remarkably similar to KazaaBeGone, which I also downloaded and ran to no avail), but it found no Kazaa related files on my computer.

Please keep making suggestions

#6 dazban

dazban

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 10:20 AM

Ok so that didnt work hey worth a try, I have one more sudgestion though,
A while back i uninstalled cute ftp, the program was gone of my pc as you would expect but there was still an entry for it in add/remove programs that i couldnt get rid of, it didnt seem to be doing any harm so i left it, until a couple of days ago i found a program called Advanced uninstaller pro 2004 which completely uninstalls programs along with other stuff, it isnt free, but there is a free trial and there doesnt seem to be any limits, it removed that cute ftp entry no problem along with a few other pieces it had left behind, i am just hoping that when the 20 day trial is up you dont have to buy it to keep all the changes that you have made with it!
Anyway here is the link
http://www.innovativ...aller/index.htm

#7 Tuntis

Tuntis

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 10:43 AM

Don't remove any files related to uninstall and make sure that no one touches them.If they doesn't exist, you cannot remove the program.(In most cases)

#8 jeffhere000

jeffhere000

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 03:38 PM

I'm pretty sure the files don't exist...is there anyway I can delete it then?

#9 dazban

dazban

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 07:21 PM

jeffhere000
i`m pretty sure that program i sudgested will work. Have you tried it? If not install it, run it and click on the uninstall programs link at the top of the menu on the left, then select the programs you want to uninstall and hit the uninstall button. If that doesnt work try the forced removal button, that should work.

#10 king ed

king ed

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 10:54 AM

Hi all, im new to the forums but was wondering if anyone could help me with the same sort of problem. Ive been trying to uninstall various programs on my computer including some games. when i try to do so the same message appears:

C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll

anyone know how i can sort this?

thanks

#11 Master Green

Master Green

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:35 AM

Hi,
I had someone living in my house that used Kazaa. I advised that party of what it brings on board when it's downloaded. Of course some people need to make these discoveries on their own and after removing trojans I did the following;
(1) Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del) = and made sure nothing there was related
(2) Startup (Msconfig) = unchecked Kazaa
(3) Add/Remove = clicked on Kazaa and clicked on remove
(4) Regsitry (Regedit)= HKey_Local_Machine to Software to Microsoft to Windows
to Current Version to Run and made sure Kazaa was not there and if so I high
lighted and right clicked, and clicked on delete
(5) Registry = following the same steps as outlined in step 4 with the exception of
after I got to windows, I scrolled down a bit further to Uninstall and removed
anything related to Kazaa.

Try the above and what worked for me may do the trick for you...Keep us posted.

Note: I have Windows/Me...

#12 moondancermom

moondancermom

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 08:32 PM

Hello,

I had the same exact problem and thanks to my winclean 2000 I was able to track the exact location of the folder containing these nasty files. Go to; Start > search for files and folders > enter:
RunDll32 C:\WINNT\System32\cd_clint.dll,ServiceRunDll
u_329 "{4C560D9B-BEA0-4098-ADE2-28576DF8CA8B}" > highlight it and delete!

No More KAZAA !!!! Woohoo!!!!

Hope it works, ELaine

#13 littlefloosy

littlefloosy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 05:43 PM

hi was having problems uninstalling kazaa (my comp was saying i had to stop running kazaa and i couldnt stop it running in the background) and i read the postings and i tried your suggestions. they didnt work but i came across a anti-virus program called spy sweeper and it does a deep scan and does the trick. www.spysweeper.com/how-to-uninstall-kazaa.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button