Should I Consider Myself Clean?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 starbat

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:25 PM

I don't want to waste anyone's time working on a problem that may have been fixed by Ad-Aware. But from what I can tell, the bug I picked up was particularly nasty. You may feel it would be prudent for me to run additional scans and logs to look over.

I had picked up a bug on my Windows XP Professional PC that resulted in a trojan downloader being launched every time I activated IE or opened/visited a new web page. AVG would detect this downloader, called $_3472452.exe, and I would move it to the Virus Vault. Over and over again, all day long.

Yesterday I found that if, after bootup, I opened Windows Task Manager and ended one of the several svchost.exe processes, the trojan downloader would cease to launch.

This morning, following your "Preparation before posting" protocol, I downloaded Lavasoft Ad-Aware and Spybot-Search and Destroy. I ran Ad-Aware, it found 5 bugs including 1 registry item. I cleaned them and rebooted, and the trojan downloader has apparently stopped launching.

Should I consider myself clean? Or in a case like this does one look closer for any lingering traces of malware?

All processes seem to be running normally.

#2 SWI Support Robot

SWI Support Robot

Helper robot

• SWI Bot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,522 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:30 AM

Welcome to SWI. We apologize for the delay; our helpers have been very busy.
If you have not received help after 3 days, please CLICK HERE, and post a link to your log and the date it was originally posted.

Thank you for your patience.

[this is an automated reply]
This is an automated message. It does not count as help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button