Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cbathon

cbathon

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:36 PM

What am I doing wrong. I found this site through HijackThis yesterday. My computer has been infected with some sort of spyware. I can't figure out why other folks get replies and I don't. My first request was about noon on the 23rd. People seem to read my post but nobody replies. Other folks get lots of replies. Will someone help me out?

Here is what happened.

1) All of the sudden this past weekend, my browser home page changed. The browser page has the microsoft logo, says "Home Search" but has some really low life links on it. It actually seems to prevent me from going to certain reputable home pages. Everytime I open my Explorer I get a pop up that says I have spyware operating. All attempts at resetting my browser have failed.

2) I ran ad-aware which identified a number of potential spy files, and deleted them. Nothing improved. I purchased Ad-aware several months ago, since I get a large amount of spam, and sometimes my family members open up spam email by mistake. (I aslo have Norton AV running continuously.)

3) I found my way to HijackThis, and it identified a number of questionable files. I have read pages upon pages, but can't determine all the bad files and exes from the good ones. I posted my log file, lots of people read it, but nobody offers any help.

What am I doing wrong, how can I get someone to help me.

Signed,

Ready to trash the PC in Indiana.

Additionanal Info:

This browser bug won't let me download software from Housecall to do a system scan. The browser keeps directing me to certain companies to download spyware at a price - is it possible that certain not so reputable companies use this ploy to get you to buy their spyware, and load additional crap on your computer? Am I paranoid or what?

Edited by cbathon, 24 June 2004 - 01:57 PM.

#2 roger

roger

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 08:51 PM

Have You tried CWShredder.exe? Go to www.google.com and search for it.
Download that file and run it on your computer. It is a small file and will fit easily on a floppy disk. You may have to use someone else's computer. But you need to run that first, and while downloading CWShredder, also download hijackthis. Both are at the same place and will easily fit on a floppy.

#3 Gwyrox732

Gwyrox732

Gwy|is|here

• Helper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 09:06 PM

You are doing nothing wrong, cbathon. We are just completely flooded with new logs for some reason and it is, to some extent, luck of the draw who gets fixed - though we try our darndest to get to everyone we simply don't have enough manpower. There is also the matter of the complexity of your log. If you have one of the newer CWS infections, for example, many people don't know how to fix it yet so you'd have to wait for an expert of experts.

Can you please post a link to your original topic here, cbathon, and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks.
Quote from Original CWS Article at SWI: "There could be other domains involved in the future." ... We've come a long way since then

Malware esan mala, ji mi disaman. SWI ji kikan ekster!

PM me if you know what that says. Whoever gets it right gets put here!
Bagman wins, good job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button