Photo

CWS I think...and HijackThis Won't Stay Open!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bee_charmer79

bee_charmer79

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:48 PM

Hello,

I have looked all over these pages to find a solution to my most awful spyware, CWS, virus related problem. I have not found a solution, because all of the responses include using HijackThis and although I finally managed to get this program on my computer, it opens but then immediately closes. I think the virus is the thing closing it. Everytime I try to search for spyware removal solutions online (including this site) my internet explorer will close down. I have a randomly changing homepage which no matter how many times I change it, keeps changing back to a different address, but always the same site. Some hideous search engine with the server "outhost.info".

I had to download the CWShredder and HijackThis from another computer, burn it onto a cd and then try to load it on my computer...but my computer wouldn't read the files off the disc. So I changed their file names and put them on a floppy. So my computer reads them, I get them on my computer, but then my computer won't let them run. The CWShredder runs because it knows the computer is trying to shut it down, and it says that it finds the "googlems" file and the "about blank" file and says it fixes them, but then when I run it again, it finds them again.

I'd love to include my HijackThis log, but the program won't stay on long enough for me to get it. It scans, and then the log flashes for a brief millisecond, then the program closes!

Help!!! My computer keeps sabatoging all my efforts to fix it!!!

Thankyou!!

#2 Thewolf

Thewolf

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:58 PM

have you ran any spyware detect and removal tools, ie. ad-aware 6.0, spybot s&d, spysweeper? do you have a virus scan?

#3 compututor

compututor

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:04 PM

Run it in safe mode. you may have more luck

Compututor

#4 bee_charmer79

bee_charmer79

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:13 PM

I have run SpySweeper, Ad Aware, and even the CWShredder...they find stuff, but the original problem is still there. Everytime I try to run any kind of spy removal stuff my computer shuts them down! That's why I can't get HijackThis to run...my computer won't let it.

How do I get into safe mode?? I am running XP.

#5 compututor

compututor

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 11:24 AM

when your computer is booting up before windows starts to load keep tapping the f8 key a black screen will appear choose safe mode

Compututor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button