• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jedi

aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 02:44 AM

With WhenU Save the privacy, security and performance of your computer is assured.
WhenU software does not track you with cookies or transmit data files showing all the sites you visit. WhenU does not collect any personally identifiable information about you, nor does WhenU compile or maintain a database of consumer behaviour.

They sound quite ethical, don't they?
and so on.

Want a free .RAR unzipper, get 7 Zip and stay spyware-free!

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

#2 hornet777

Forum Deity

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:45 PM

Was surprised to hear this about e-merge (unless WinAce had changed hands). Though they have been commercial from the start, they seemed ethical...

When I followed the winace link, the page wouldn't load. So I started TCPview and it shows a syn sent to nt6.netdiscounter.de, which is never seemingly acknowledged. Winace or netdiscounter do not appear in my HOSTS file, so I guess its on their side (?).

Thanks tho, jedi: very interesting and nice catch.

I forgot to add that Winace did have a free library for use as a plugin to unpack .ace archives, but probably (?) won't work with 7-zip (which is about the same performance in native format as ace).

Edited by hornet777, 20 April 2007 - 04:51 PM.

After all is invested in correctness, then how does it stand with truth?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button