IE closes when downloading hijack this

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 edwardsc005

edwardsc005

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:11 PM

IE closes when downloading hijack this or ANY other spyware removal type programs. I am stuck. WTF?! Just visiting a site related to spyware removal and IE closes before i can do anything.

#2 nemmisa

nemmisa

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:30 PM

is it possible for you to download another browser like opera or firefox both are free and easy to install i use opera myself then try and download the programs you want with them. if you can't do that have you a friend who could download the programs for you and burn them on to a cd so you can copy them to your computer and install from there. i did this for a Friend the other week as she had so much spyware IE wouldn't even open. hope this helps

#3 bee_charmer79

bee_charmer79

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 09:02 AM

Just from my experience...cause I'm having the same problem with IE closing...

If you are going to burn the programs from another computer and try to put them on yours...change the name of the file on the disc. My computer wouldn't even read the spyware stuff off the cd, but it did once I changed the names to something completely unrelated to spyware! Also...you might want to try installing them in Safe Mode, as my computer wouldn't let me install them in my normal log in.

Good luck!

#4 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,305 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 09:45 PM

If your computer is not able to see HJT and Spybot it is extremely likely that you have HackerDefender... If this is the case and you have any personal information stored on your computer that could be used to rip you off, you need to contact the companies involved and change all passwords and account numbers... HackerDefender is very difficult to fix and it is not certain that it can be completely fixed... Even if you think you got it all, it is not certain that you do... You can get a HJT log by changing the name and running it is Safe Mode, it would probably be wise to do so and post it in your own thread in Malware Removal to get what help there is....
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button