something preventing secure site access

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 AvonLady

AvonLady

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 06:21 PM

hi, I just got cable and before I did anything dl'd ghostsurf and kaspersky firewall. I'm an Avon lady, and couldn't get into the secure site for Avon to see my account. This is the only site so far which is giving me trouble, the most important one!

At first I tried to tweak ghostsurf to allow me access, then deleted it because I keep getting the page not found error. Also ditched kaspersky, just in case that was a problem. I have a firewall on the router (sharing a connection with someone).

On the other pc in the house, I can get to the site just fine, no problems. It has to be something with my pc. Both pc's are connected to the router, so it's odd that I am unable to access my site when I can on the other.

I am still getting these errors, and have deleted everything which could make the page hang like that. When I was on dial up I had no problem. That was just a few days ago, before I moved.

Ran hijackthis, don't see anything in there which could prevent me from accessing the page, ran a bunch of proggies to clean out the registry, etc. I'm thinking perhaps ghostsurf is partially on my pc preventing me from gaining access. Maybe it's something else, i don't know.

With Netscape, I get the error message

www.youravon.com has recieved an incorrect or unexpected message. Error code 12227.

Got the security certificate for netscape, no go. Also updated win2k files for certs, even though I didn't think I needed to as I have been able to access with no trouble for months. My hunch was right--it was unnecessary bloat. lol. Nothing I've done is working.

Have any suggestions?

Thanks

#2 AvonLady

AvonLady

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 10:38 AM

Question:

Does my computer need to be programmed for the new cable connection?

#3 AvonLady

AvonLady

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 10:49 PM

Answer: because I'm on a router, and the owner has configured their 'puter, no.

But, I did have to configure my 'puter to the router. Everything is up and running, can get to my site now.

#4 jerseydevil168

jerseydevil168

jerseydevil

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 08:04 PM

Exellent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button