how to Edit/update my post?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CochinoFilipino

CochinoFilipino

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 12:57 PM

I have posted a help request to remove adware. I am running another scan (kaspersky) recommended in the FAQ while I wait for help.

When I edit my post with updates, should I just add to the bottom of my original post or actually edit my original entry? Should I remove the old hijackthis log and replace it with a new one after the scan?

Thanks,

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,253 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 05:56 PM

Add a new reply...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 CochinoFilipino

CochinoFilipino

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:30 PM

That's what I would have done if the The FAQ guidelines didn't specifically say to EDIT my post.

Please do not 'bump' your post. If you want to add information to your post, EDIT it instead of adding a new reply. The helpers search for posts by least number of replies, not by position in the forum index, so replying in your own thread will only delay you receiving help.

#4 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,253 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:33 PM

That's what I would have done if the The FAQ guidelines didn't specifically say to EDIT my post.

Please do not 'bump' your post. If you want to add information to your post, EDIT it instead of adding a new reply. The helpers search for posts by least number of replies, not by position in the forum index, so replying in your own thread will only delay you receiving help.

That isn't such a big issue anymore because helpers use another way to find most of the logs they work on... They do tend to go more quickly for the ones with zero responses, but they work hard to get to everyone eventually...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#5 CochinoFilipino

CochinoFilipino

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:38 PM

Cool. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button