Is it safe to log into online banking?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CochinoFilipino

CochinoFilipino

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:09 PM

Norton is blocking attempts by infostealer and winfixer. I have another post asking for help with that.

Is it safe for me to log into my online accounts while I wait? I don't want to but I need to get some work done. Or do I really need to hold off until I get my issues resolved?

I'm using XP Pro, IE7, Norton Antivirus, Windows Firewall and a Netgear firewall/router.

Thanks,

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,305 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 05:56 PM

Norton is blocking attempts by infostealer and winfixer. I have another post asking for help with that.

Is it safe for me to log into my online accounts while I wait? I don't want to but I need to get some work done. Or do I really need to hold off until I get my issues resolved?

I'm using XP Pro, IE7, Norton Antivirus, Windows Firewall and a Netgear firewall/router.

Thanks,

No, it is not safe...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 CochinoFilipino

CochinoFilipino

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:40 PM

Thanks. I suppose I can use the wife's laptop to access my accounts until I get my PC cleaned up.

#4 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,305 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:06 PM

Actually, since one of the infections that you think you have on your computer is a keylogger, you will probably need to change all passwords, account numbers and so on... I suggest you do that by phone as soon as possible... The criminals that steal this info often have a large pile to sift through, but when they get to yours, they can clean you out in hours...
Budfred

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#5 CochinoFilipino

CochinoFilipino

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:03 PM

I have not used this PC to log into any vital accounts, besides my email. I used my wifes laptop to change passwords. It shares this internet connection via a Netgear WGT624 v2 Router. Is her laptop safe? It appears to be clean.

Thanks for your help.

#6 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,305 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:50 PM

I have not used this PC to log into any vital accounts, besides my email. I used my wifes laptop to change passwords. It shares this internet connection via a Netgear WGT624 v2 Router. Is her laptop safe? It appears to be clean.

Thanks for your help.

It is probably safe, but I would run the scans in the FAQ to check...
Budfred

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button