New Here

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Elise234

Elise234

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 03:12 PM

Hi all! My friend is having what seems to be serious computer issues. He gave me some information to find out what may be on his computer and I need help identifiying it, please!

Perflib_Perfdata_774.dat
Perflib_Perfdata_860.dat

He has been having serious computer problems for months now and when he tries to get onto the computer, he is not the main administrator and is hijacked (?) He also has a message that reads something about MS Software Shadow. Does this come on the computer or does it have to be loaded? Sorry to sound so silly here but most computer stuff is foreign to me. As I am told, I am a user! :)

Can't wait to heat from anyone!

Thank you!

#2 Chancellor

Chancellor

Forum Deity

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:40 PM

Hello and welcome to SWI,

I am sorry to read that your friend is having problems with his computer, but don't worry, I am sure we can help you to solve them here.

In order to give you the best possible advice we will need to see a log from HijackThis. So, before we go any further, please follow this link and download version 1.99.1. http://www.spywarein.../HijackThis.exe

Once you have done that, save it to a convenient permanent folder such as C:\HJT\; then select the option in HijackThis to "Do a system scan and save a logfile".

Then please post your log HERE using the Posted Image button and we will have a look at it for you.

:)
Chancellor

Please consider a donation to help Support SWI
Malware Complaints - Report them here and fight back!
Member of ASAP Since 2006 (Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals)
Please read the FAQ and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?".

#3 Elise234

Elise234

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:50 AM

Hello and welcome to SWI,

I am sorry to read that your friend is having problems with his computer, but don't worry, I am sure we can help you to solve them here.

In order to give you the best possible advice we will need to see a log from HijackThis. So, before we go any further, please follow this link and download version 1.99.1. http://www.spywarein.../HijackThis.exe

Once you have done that, save it to a convenient permanent folder such as C:\HJT\; then select the option in HijackThis to "Do a system scan and save a logfile".

Then please post your log HERE using the Posted Image button and we will have a look at it for you.

:)

Thank you so much. I will pass this along to him and see if it works! I appreciate it!

#4 Chancellor

Chancellor

Forum Deity

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 02:00 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please tell the moderating team by replying here with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Chancellor

Please consider a donation to help Support SWI
Malware Complaints - Report them here and fight back!
Member of ASAP Since 2006 (Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals)
Please read the FAQ and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button