• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MagicBill

A little help/advice would be much appreciated - damsel is distress!

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on SWI so I hope I conform to the guidelines (which I have read!).

I am not too knowledgable in the field of PCs or how they work and run so I hope someone can help...

I have Norton Internet Security, Spyware Doctor, Registry Booster 2 and Adware Away all installed and running on my PC. When I run scans the programs report no errors or malicious items - which is good, but I've been getting the following error messages/warnings popping up on my pc over the last couple of days:

Norton AntiVirus pop-up window: Virus Alert (High Risk), 'Norton AntiVirus has detected and removed a virus from your computer', Object Name: C:\DOCUME~1\Bill\...\SVCHOST.EXE, Virus Name: Infostealer.Gampass, Action Taken: The file was automatically deleted.'

At the same time, I get this Windows Error pop-up window: 'Windows cannot find 'C:DOCUME~1\Bill\Locals~1\Temp\SVCHOST.EXE. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.'

These pop-ups appear together several times an hour. At the same time, the computer freezes for a couple of minutes or completely crashes and I have to restart manually.

Can anyone suggest possible solutions to my problem? I have downloaded HijackThis version 2.0.0. but I can't make any sense of the log - probably because I don't know what I am looking for!

And that's why you should post your log here, so we can help you with it :) - miekiemoes

I really, really appreciate any feedback! Thanks.

Edited by miekiemoes

Welcome to SWI. We apologize for the delay; our helpers have been very busy.

If you have not received help after 3 days, please CLICK HERE, and post a link to your log and the date it was originally posted.

Thank you for your patience.

[this is an automated reply]

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0