Photo

A little help/advice would be much appreciated - damsel is distress!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MagicBill

MagicBill

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:21 PM

Hi everyone,
This is my first post on SWI so I hope I conform to the guidelines (which I have read!).

I am not too knowledgable in the field of PCs or how they work and run so I hope someone can help...

I have Norton Internet Security, Spyware Doctor, Registry Booster 2 and Adware Away all installed and running on my PC. When I run scans the programs report no errors or malicious items - which is good, but I've been getting the following error messages/warnings popping up on my pc over the last couple of days:

Norton AntiVirus pop-up window: Virus Alert (High Risk), 'Norton AntiVirus has detected and removed a virus from your computer', Object Name: C:\DOCUME~1\Bill\...\SVCHOST.EXE, Virus Name: Infostealer.Gampass, Action Taken: The file was automatically deleted.'

At the same time, I get this Windows Error pop-up window: 'Windows cannot find 'C:DOCUME~1\Bill\Locals~1\Temp\SVCHOST.EXE. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.'

These pop-ups appear together several times an hour. At the same time, the computer freezes for a couple of minutes or completely crashes and I have to restart manually.

Can anyone suggest possible solutions to my problem? I have downloaded HijackThis version 2.0.0. but I can't make any sense of the log - probably because I don't know what I am looking for!

And that's why you should post your log here, so we can help you with it :) - miekiemoes

I really, really appreciate any feedback! Thanks.

Edited by miekiemoes, 27 May 2007 - 06:00 PM.

#2 SWI Support Robot

SWI Support Robot

Helper robot

• SWI Bot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,523 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:30 AM

Welcome to SWI. We apologize for the delay; our helpers have been very busy.
If you have not received help after 3 days, please CLICK HERE, and post a link to your log and the date it was originally posted.

Thank you for your patience.

[this is an automated reply]
This is an automated message. It does not count as help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button