• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheOrgy

I have a problem with my C partition

2 posts in this topic

I have quite a bit of information about what had been affecting me:

First I didn't have an antivirus, bold error, so I had a lot of viruses and trojans to the point that it began to affect me. That's when I began to investigate what was happening. I began to have the problems that a virus called win32:perlovga gives, I had the temps in between my open programs, the ghost svchost.exe running in C:\Windows, and the copy.exe problem. When I would click on a partition it would open in a new window. Following some of the instructions here: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/index.php?s...56985&st=15 of a guy that had exactly the same problem that I had (I did just three things, I downloaded Hijackthis to check what was going on, I downloaded Avast, ran it and that's what uninstalled most of the viruses that I seemed to have, and I downloaded OTMoveiT and ran this on it:

C:\AUTORUN.INF

C:\WINDOWS\AUTORUN.INF

D:\AUTORUN.INF

E:\AUTORUN.INF

I clicked on Move it, and it made it's stuff successfully) with all that, the problem of the copy.exe disappeared, and I found many viruses and trojans on my computer which are all deleted now. Now the only problem is, that I have a weird problem with my C: drive, and only that drive. First, I uninstalled a big program (a game, warcraft 3) which takes 1.2 gb of hard disk space, but when it was uninstalled, instead of getting the space back, it seems like I lost the space, and now when I should have 2. something gb of space, I have only 250mb free on my C: drive. In other words, my explorer isn't showing the correct size of free space that I have on that drive, and it's only on that drive. Weird. Additional to that, now when I double click on it, and after that I try to click on any folder, explorer closes and all the interface disappears to come back a second after (like when your internet explorer crashes and all it's windows are closed). That's the problem that I have now, and I don't know what could cause it, maybe it is something that has to do with the autorun...

I'll post my Hijackthis log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1

Scan saved at 18:48:53, on 27/05/2007

Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

C:\Archivos de programa\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe

C:\Archivos de programa\AIM6\aim6.exe

C:\Archivos de programa\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe

C:\Archivos de programa\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

E:\hjjoin\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Archivos de programa\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\ARCHIV~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Archivos de programa\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Archivos de programa\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp

O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with GetRight - C:\Archivos de programa\GetRight\GRdownload.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xportar a Microsoft Excel - res://C:\ARCHIV~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O8 - Extra context menu item: Open with GetRight Browser - C:\Archivos de programa\GetRight\GRbrowse.htm

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Archivos de programa\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Consola de Sun Java - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Archivos de programa\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra button: Referencia - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\ARCHIV~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{C43070D1-BB9C-42BF-BBF0-9AC5D02D26C3}: NameServer = 200.105.128.40,200.105.128.41

O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\ARCHIV~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)

O23 - Service: Servicio de puerta de enlace de capa de aplicación (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Archivos de programa\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe

O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Archivos de programa\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe

O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Archivos de programa\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe" /service (file missing)

O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Archivos de programa\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe" /service (file missing)

O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

O23 - Service: Cola de impresión (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: StarWind iSCSI Service (StarWindService) - Rocket Division Software - C:\Archivos de programa\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe

O23 - Service: Windows User Mode Driver Framework (UMWdf) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe (file missing)

Edit: sorry for not adding this in the title, I have Windows XP SP2.

Update: The problem of clicking once when I was inside the C: drive disappeared when I rebooted, luckily, but I still have the problem of it not showing the right size of free space that I have.

Edited by TheOrgy

Welcome to SWI. We apologize for the delay; our helpers have been very busy.

If you have not received help after 3 days, please CLICK HERE, and post a link to your log and the date it was originally posted.

Thank you for your patience.

[this is an automated reply]

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0