Satellite channels on PC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jimmybeam

jimmybeam

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:31 AM

Ok, whats the real deal with this software that claims to be able to stream 1000's of channels from around the world to your PC for a one off payment. I have done some searching and some claim its 100% illegal but this one www.satellitetvtopc.com contradicts this. Is anyone using it?? Its it legal?? Is it worth it??

Cheers
JB

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,305 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 10:58 AM

This looks a great deal like SPAM... I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but note that SPAM is NOT tolerated on this forum... Any other posts even vaguely like this one and you will lose your privilege to post here...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 jimmybeam

jimmybeam

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:59 PM

Sorry that it appears to be spam, but its a legitimate question that I wnat answered so please leave it hear. Are there people out there using this program or anything else like it?? Some say its illegal but others, like the one on the link provided, say its perfectly legal. Please keep this on.

JB

#4 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,305 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:13 PM

It is a scam... The page you refer to is an advertisement and they are offering to rip off dozens of companies that provide satellite TV services - does that sound even remotely likely to be legal to you?? Beyond the fact that it is clearly illegal if it is possible, it is not possible... The only way it might be possible would be to stream the satellite signals through an array or servers that provide the content... Such a satellite streaming service would have tremendous overhead and would charge at least as much as satellite services to get access... If you believe in the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy, send them your money and then post back here about how great the service is... Meanwhile, keep in mind that most of the internet scams that make billions for criminals are dependent on people believing that they can get riches with little or no effort... Are you familiar with the Nigerian scam?? Phishing?? "You have won the lottery" that you didn't even enter??
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button