Why has my post had '0' views !!??

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Matt P

Matt P

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:01 AM

Hey all... (this is a general Forum question)

I've just signed up with this site today, because I've infected my work computer with some Malware and really need some help.

Thing is... my post titled "Another Malware/Spyware infection on WinXP" has had absolutely no views, let alone replys !! It is in the Remove Malware forum.

It is about 3 hours ago now, and every post near/next to mine has had several views and the odd reply.

(the 4 views it shows, are myself!)

I guess it should show the amount of views to the user who inputted it right ?

I apprechiate we need to be patient for any replys, but any idea why my post hasn't had views ? Maybe the title just doesn't cut the mustard !!!??

Anyone ?

Cheers, Matt.

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,253 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:07 AM

There are posts with dozens or even hundreds of views because the person posting it keeps coming back to check... Views don't say anything about the possibility that you will get help soon... In general, this and other similar forums are usually a few days behind the people posting... We have only a few active volunteer helpers and the work is getting harder as infections have gotten nastier, so we ask all users to have patience... There is NO way that you will receive a qualified response in 3 hours...

As for your problem, if this is a work computer, make sure you have checked with your IT department before you start trying to do any major work on it... If it is like many businesses, you will not have sufficient access to run many of the tools that are necessary to clean most infections today...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 Matt P

Matt P

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:26 AM

Thanks for that info Budfred.

So is there a setting where I can recieve an email on any response to my post ?

In terms of checking with the IT department... I am the IT department !! We're a very small music company and I've always been the person who sorts out the basic Networking/Troubleshooting stuff. This is why I'm annoyed at myself for downloading and running an .exe the other day !

All of the computers have Administrative rights anyway. Or at least the one infected does.

#4 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:17 AM

It's possible that "Another Malware/Spyware infection..." makes it sound as though you had a problem fixed and are now reinfected - there are those who get infected over and over again, not our favorite people.

But I see it has now had 7 views. :)

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#5 jedi

jedi

aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:41 AM

So is there a setting where I can recieve an email on any response to my post ?

At the top right hand side of your topic, click the 'Options' tab.

Select 'Track this Topic'
Select 'Immediate Email Notification'
jedi

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

#6 Matt P

Matt P

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:57 AM

Thanks for that. I've now enabled immediate email delivery on any responses.

I've edited my post a bit, because things/logs have changed since I've re-scanned and fixed with the AVP AntiSpyware, but I can't seem to change the title of my post.

Is this something you could change for me BudFred ? (Or any of the Administrators?)

Would someone be able to change it to:

Adware.Virtumonde and Downloader.Small.buy infections !! Please Help !!

#7 jedi

jedi

aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:28 PM

Title is now - Adware.Virtumonde and Downloader.Small.buy
Couldn't fit the rest in, but it's more descriptive now.
jedi

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

#8 Matt P

Matt P

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:31 PM

Thankyou very much Jedi.

#9 Antarus

Antarus

The Insomnist

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:33 AM

It's possible that "Another Malware/Spyware infection..." makes it sound as though you had a problem fixed and are now reinfected - there are those who get infected over and over again, not our favorite people.

Because they drive through the "high-risk" roads of the information super highway. :rolleyes:

#10 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:03 AM

And fixing their current infection is so futile, they will just get another.

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button