• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 564812

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 03:07 PM

Just wondering if this free software here harbors any malware:

actualkeylogger   .com

It would also be nice to know if major av picks it up once its opertional.

EDIT: Disable SPAM link...

Edited by Budfred, 24 September 2013 - 05:25 AM.

#2 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 03:35 PM

Actual Keylogger - is a free keylogger which runs hidden in the background and automatically records all keystrokes (including Alt, Ctrl and other functional buttons). The interface can be password protected and the log files are encrypted. You can view the reports as HTML or plain text. In the hidden mode it is invisible in all operating systems. This free keylogger will be really helpful to both the system administrators and home users.

We deplore the installation of keyloggers in most situations.
No keylogger should ever be installed without the user being aware of its presence. Minimum ethical requirement is to notify everyone who uses the PC that their keystrokes are being logged and nothing they do is private.

If you want to know what your wife - children - pets - are doing, talk to them about it.
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#3 564812

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:44 PM

yes i do understand your point about privacy. however in this situation, i only plan to use it to remove censorship.

And technically, i cant talk to my pets and ask them what they are doing due to the language problems. :rolleyes:

#4 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:35 PM

Generally it's best not to be sneaky.

If you know who is censoring you (censoring you how?) then have a talk with them, find out what their concerns are, see if you can negotiate a compromise.

Of course, if it's your pets - maybe changing your password would stop them. :weee:
UNITE

#5 screen317

screen317

SWI Sentinel

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:37 PM

In case you're still wondering, I'm currently testing it on my VM to see if it will get picked up.

Please consider donating to help support the continued prompt and excellent services of this site.

#6 screen317

screen317

SWI Sentinel

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:58 PM

Test results; rather alarming:

File: ActualSpy.exe
Status: OK(Note: this file has been scanned before. Therefore, this file's scan results will not be stored in the database)
MD5: a4886da8c6a40dca6002cc4e68f72ccc
Packers detected: -

Please consider donating to help support the continued prompt and excellent services of this site.

#7 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:16 PM

I think AVs only object to certain keyloggers that are installed by stealth. However I believe there are special keylogger detection utilities.
UNITE

#8 564812

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:17 PM

Thanks guys for all the help. I hope someday I will have your skills. (im currently training) Unfortunately, I cant run VM because of my system specs:
PIII 1.0Ghz
512 ram
120 gb hard drive.

Tell me if i can without my pc hanging.

But i should be getting a new, much better one within 1 year. :)

And i live in an apartment. the network admin there (a pain in the ass) provides th internet service. no, i cant buy my own its too expensive. so he buys 1 plan and we (every1 who lives in the apt. building) split the costs. But he insists on censoring since he thinks he might get in trouble ig we do something bad like P2P. cause once when it was uncensored a guy did that and ever since then censorship. :thumbsdown: its like a router-based censorship. only he knows the pass. so ill call him up to my apt. tell him its a networking prob. hell login to router (first thing he does when we utter networking prob. and he does it from the pc with the troubles) ive tested... And even though i hate to invade peoples privacy he has gotten way overboard. :unsure: He had this site blocked as "Chat/P2P File Sharing" before I talked with him about it.

EDIT: and its my own pc so i wont install any of those special programs.

Edited by 564812, 17 July 2007 - 06:18 PM.

#9 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:26 PM

If he owns the internet account then he has the right to restrict its use.

Just hang in there, time will pass. Some day you'll have a great job, your own cutting edge PC, your own DSL.
UNITE

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button