#1 TheJoker

TheJoker

Forum Deity

• Boot Camp Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,425 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:02 AM

http://www.sunbelt-s...eleases/?id=205

IBM Internet Security Systems announced on Tuesday, the End of Life for BlackICE PC Protection. BlackICE will no longer be sold after September 19, 2007 and will not be supported after September 29, 2008.

Sunbelt Software, a leading provider of Windows security software, today announced it is offering current customers of BlackICE PC Protection (formerly known as BlackICE Defender) a one year subscription to a full version of its award-winning Sunbelt Personal Firewall for free.

Under this special promotion, all registered users of BlackICE PC Protection can get a free one year subscription to the full version of Sunbelt Personal Firewall and includes all of the features, toll-free support, and updates of a standard subscription. To benefit from this special offer, users can visit http://www.SaveBlackICE.com/ and complete a short form or call toll free at 1-800-336-3166. The special offer period begins today and will be available for a limited time.

Free Tools for Fighting Malware
Anti-Virus: avast! Free Antivirus / Avira Free AntiVirus
OnLine Anti-Virus: ESET / BitDefender / F-Secure
Anti-Malware: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware / Dr.Web CureIt
Spyware/Adware Tools: MVPS HOSTS File / SpywareBlaster
Firewall: Comodo Firewall Free / Privatefirewall
Tutorials: How did I get Infected? / Internet Explorer Privacy & Security Settings
If we have helped, please help us continue the fight by using the Donate button, or see this topic for other ways to donate.

MS MVP 2009-20010 and ASAP Member since 2005

#2 Tuxedo Jack

Tuxedo Jack

Creator of TuxPE, a Cat5-o'-9-Tails, Etherkillers, and more

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:55 AM

Considering the Nifty worm, I'm not surprised BlackIce is dead.

Kerio, however, is made of Win and RAR.
Signature file is under revision. This will be back shortly.

#3 Jurie Botha

Jurie Botha

Customer Support Engineer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:54 AM

BlackIce must be the worst firewall ever to be made. DOWN WITH BLACKICE!

#4 UserXP

UserXP

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:57 PM

Hi, all.

I've been using BlackICE before, and it didn't do so bad. Actually, it detected some "unknown application" several times before which turned to be malicious.

Anyway, I am using KIS, with its firewall enabled. Is it enough protection, or do I have to install a stand alone firewall program? I am a rather standard internet user.

#5 TheJoker

TheJoker

Forum Deity

• Boot Camp Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,425 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:37 PM

KIS has a good firewall, it's what I use for a software firewall. Probably the weakest part (in my opinion) is it's logging and event viewer. The event viewer in Outpost was much better, but Outpost has had trouble running with Kaspersky AntiVirus, and it was another program to pay for when the licenses for both ran out at about the same time.

Free Tools for Fighting Malware
Anti-Virus: avast! Free Antivirus / Avira Free AntiVirus
OnLine Anti-Virus: ESET / BitDefender / F-Secure
Anti-Malware: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware / Dr.Web CureIt
Spyware/Adware Tools: MVPS HOSTS File / SpywareBlaster
Firewall: Comodo Firewall Free / Privatefirewall
Tutorials: How did I get Infected? / Internet Explorer Privacy & Security Settings
If we have helped, please help us continue the fight by using the Donate button, or see this topic for other ways to donate.

MS MVP 2009-20010 and ASAP Member since 2005

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button