It finally happened to me, also.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bmike63

bmike63

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:08 PM

Well, earlier tonight my machine caught the "virusprotectpro" trash, running a new tray tool indicator similar to a windows warning shield icon, which takes me to their website to purchase their virus protection. I deep scanned my pc, ran a process explorer app, and all to no good. However, looking at my add/remove programs list, I happened to catch the thing, it was labelled as "Windows Security Suite"! I never have seen that before. So, I uninstalled it, rebooted, and ran a full virus scan and an app called "Premium Booster"and the trash seems to be eradicated now. I feel that, although time consuming, I was spared what other user's have to go through in this kind of instance. My half-glass-full advice is to get familiar with what programs are running in your machines and look for what seems out of place. (I only caught the entry in my add/remove list because 2 days ago i was uninstalling some obsolete software, and never before have I seen a "Windows Security Suite" entry). I hope this helps out someone in some way.

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,526 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:36 PM

I suggest you read the FAQ and post in Malware Removal... These things claim to uninstall cleanly, but they lie...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button