• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 santosh_jpr

santosh_jpr

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:05 AM

Hi All,

I have a problem of momentarily stalling of my XP Laptop. Earlier it was fine and looks like It had been infected with some Tojan/Spyware or Malicious software. There are no suspects in the process listing, Maybe there are but they may be looking innocent. Periodically (Not necessarily) the OS stalls momentarily and there is no response for the mouse clicks, Any user input for 2-3 seconds. The Task Manager also shows CPU bursts periodically but If i sort the task manager by CPU usage, I am unable to detect the culprit process which momentarily takes up the CPU.

OS Info: Windows XP, Professionsl ver 2002 SP2 (Licensed version). Tried many free spywares but most of them find some of them and Remove but still the problem persists. Any Ideas of using a good and genuine spyware detector + Removal? I have checked the run and run-once entries in the Registry but could not find any suspects. Also tried msconfig but no results.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks In Anticipation,
Santosh

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,445 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:09 AM

Please read the FAQ which will give you ideas and instructions for posting in Malware Removal... Also the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"... They are both available from the links at the top of the page right over the big red letters that say not to post in this subforum with questions about how to remove spyware...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button