Is it safe to download some items off laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sacsr

sacsr

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:10 PM

At this point I am probably going to have my local computer guys/gals restore my computer instead of trying to save it. I have a few questions?

- Is it safe to down load pictures, excel sheets to my portable hard drive?

- Symantec said the trojan was trojan.exploit.131 I have tried to read up all I can but really do not understand what this specificately does. I am thinking that my files have been hacked and into someone elses hands at this point? Right?

- when I was running one of the antivirus scans I noticed either zlog or zlob attached to files it was searching....they did not look like ones I was familar with......? Is this something as well?

I have no pop ups, no problems with the computer running slow etc.....but I had noticed that my recieve numbers on my wireless card was through the roof...as high as 2 million versus a much smaller send numbers.......

- Any help will be appreciated. Great site! Thanks, sc

#2 Indrid_Cold

Indrid_Cold

Forum Deity

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:15 PM

Then why have you not followed the adivce that was edited in your first post in your open topic here http://forums.spywar...mp;#entry579288 We asked you to post your HijackThis log if you would like us to assist. Is that your intention or shall I just close your topic?
Hope is not a method.

If I have helped in some way, please consider donating to SpywareInfo's crusade against Malware See Here

Member of ASAP since 2004 Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals
Member of UNITE since 2006 United Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Fight back Malware Complaints

#3 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,526 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:17 PM

I would be extremely cautious about saving files from an infected computer... However, if you read our FAQ, post your logs and post in the "Not getting help" topic, there is a good chance your computer can be cleaned up and the helper will be able to tell you much more about the level of risk you experience... It is your choice, but I would get help before a nuke and rebuild...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button