Zone Alarm

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nutchaya

Nutchaya

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:04 AM

I just recently installed Zone Alarm and Spyware Terminator. My computer is now EXTREMELY slow at startup, and is unable to do anything useful for about 3 minutes after login. Are these programs compatible? Is it only Zone Alarm that's causing my computer to slow down? If it is, how do I remove it completely (heard reports of it leaving files everywhere). If neither of these products cause huge slowdowns, I'll post a Hijack This log in the Troubleshooting topic; my antivirus and antispyware came up with nothing, so I assume that it's either these programs or some bug in the registry that's slowing my com.

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,531 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 06:09 AM

At least one version of Spyware Terminator is considered rogue and, since you have experienced this slowdown, it seems likely that you have that version... However, ZA can cause slowdowns as well... I used to use ZA and will probably not ever again... I use Kerio quite happily now...

I suggest you post that log in PC Troubleshooting...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 chiaz

chiaz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 09:12 AM

Nutchaya, it is quite probable that ZoneAlarm is the cause of the slowdown in your system, especially so if you don't have good specs.

Usually a clean uninstall is enough:
http://www.nohold.ne...an_install.html

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button