Rogue Antispyware.system defender

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JSTER

JSTER

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:32 PM

Does anyone have any information on this?

I have SpyZooka on two computers. I have two spyware programs on both of my computers one of them is SpyZooka and the other is Spyware doctor. I updated my Spyware doctor today and proceeded to run a scan. The results produced an error message (SpyZooka: SpyZooka.exe-Bad Image. The application or Dll C:\ Program Files\SpyZooka\libbz2.dll is not a valid Windows Image. Please check this against your installation diskette.) Also, Spyware doctor referred to this error message as Malicious action blocked(Rogue Antispyware.system defender). It went on to say that SpyZooka produces false positives to get people to purchase SpyZooka. I spent hours with it today and am most upset. I will not get rid of Spyware Doctor as it is highly recommended by many. Whenever I run a Spyware Doctor scan, it wants to delete the Spyzooka.exe file. Doing this will render this program unusable.

#2 screen317

screen317

SWI Sentinel

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,815 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:15 PM

SpyZooka used to be on the Rogue Antispyware List, but was de-listed in 2005.

Note on Spyzooka: Spyzooka was listed on this page because of concerns with false positives and the nature of its detections. In early March 2005, a new version of Spyzooka was released. Testing with this new version indicates that the problems with earlier versions have been satisfactorily resolved. Thus, we can no longer consider Spyzooka to be "rogue/suspect" anti-spyware.

Regardless, I still wouldn't trust it, especially when we have other, much more reputable (and free) products available.

Hope that answered your question.

~screen317

Edited by screen317, 19 November 2007 - 11:15 PM.

Please consider donating to help support the continued prompt and excellent services of this site.

#3 JSTER

JSTER

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:28 AM

Thanks for your prompt response, I am reading this for JSTER now as he is at work and will respond to you later...

#4 JSTER

JSTER

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:59 AM

Does anyone have any information on this?

I have SpyZooka on two computers. I have two spyware programs on both of my computers one of them is SpyZooka and the other is Spyware doctor. I updated my Spyware doctor today and proceeded to run a scan. The results produced an error message (SpyZooka: SpyZooka.exe-Bad Image. The application or Dll C:\ Program Files\SpyZooka\libbz2.dll is not a valid Windows Image. Please check this against your installation diskette.) Also, Spyware doctor referred to this error message as Malicious action blocked(Rogue Antispyware.system defender). It went on to say that SpyZooka produces false positives to get people to purchase SpyZooka. I spent hours with it today and am most upset. I will not get rid of Spyware Doctor as it is highly recommended by many. Whenever I run a Spyware Doctor scan, it wants to delete the Spyzooka.exe file. Doing this will render this program unusable.

#5 screen317

screen317

SWI Sentinel

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,815 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:02 PM

Hi JSTER,

Looks like you quoted your reply instead of posting your reply. What did you intend to say?

Please consider donating to help support the continued prompt and excellent services of this site.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button