No replies to this topic

#1 Noggie

Noggie

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:46 PM

Justin Capasso is a member of the anti-spyware security community. He has been having problems with his HP notebook. Before the computer can be fixed, he needs to have HP send him a shipping box. This seems to be a major challenge for HP. Here is a copy of Justin's correspondence to the CEO of HP and to the public relations department. It seems like Justin is very disappointed in HP. Here is Justin's correspondence:

To Whom It May Concern,

In May of 2007, I purchased a Pavillion tx 1000 notebook from your website. This laptop has worked perfectly, until last month when the tablet functions ceased to work. I finally contacted HP Tech support to find a solution. After speaking with numerous technicians, it was decided that the best means to address this problem was to send it in for service

The technician promised me that the process would take seven to nine days, including shipping time. As a student, I cannot be without my laptop for long; as it is my central nervous system. I agreed to the process and wait for the box in the mail. Forty eight hours passed, and still no box from Fed Ex; another 24 hours, and still nothing. I call to check on my order, and it turns out that the box has not yet left the warehouse. I asked why there was a delay in sending the shipping box to me, and I received the worst excuse possible. The phone technician said that they have been too busy to mail out my box. As a customer, I should never be told by your company that you are too busy to assist me in fixing my laptop (which remains covered under your warranty).

The next person I talked to said that I should wait a few more days, as the package is only 24 hours past due. At this point I asked for a supervisor, and I was told that they do not have a supervisor! However, they passed me on to tech support, who said that their supervisor could not assist me. I was then rerouted back to the order status people.

I asked for one favor. I asked that if I was valued as a customer, that HP own up to their mistake, and send me the box overnight, and have Fed Ex deliver it on a Saturday. However, I was told that no boxes ship out over the weekend, and I would receive my box on Monday. I am slightly confused though. If no boxes ship out over the weekend, how will my box be here on Monday, if it did not ship on Friday?

I did some searching on my own, and it seems that a multitude of people with the Pavillion tx 1000 is having the exact same issue as I am. Perhaps it is time for a recall, so you can fix your product. Here is a link to a four page topic on this very problem.

http://forum.tabletp...ead.php?t=10808

During this ordeal, I have come to one conclusion. Your tech support is worse than that of Dells. After my warranty expires on this product, I will never buy another HP product in my life. I have never felt more insulted as a customer in my life.

For a company that claims to focus on their customers, this type of behavior belies that. You have one very unhappy and annoyed customer here.

Justin Capasso

The poor customer has to go through all this just for a shipping box. And he still has his broken notebook...

Catherine Forsythe

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button