Suspected Malware: Displays Lime-ish Green Screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Watson

Dr. Watson

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:42 PM

Alright, so this started happening a few minutes ago. This Lime-ish Green screen periodically appears and just overlays every that's on-screen. It's only there for about 3 - 5 seconds. Has anyone heard of this? Is this Malware/A Virus?

Edit: I just tried typing into an Input Field on another website and everytime I started to type, the Green Screen would instantly reappear. As soon as I stopped, it would go away. This gives me reason to suspect that I am being keylogged. I can provide a snapshop (though it may not be very helpful.)

Edited by Dr. Watson, 26 November 2007 - 11:26 PM.

#2 Fire Vortex

Fire Vortex

Blogger And RPG Gamer, Malware Hater and Mac Supporter.

• Helper Trainee (A)
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:59 AM

I deeply suspect that this is a keylogger... Try using AdAware 2007 to remove it then install SpyBlaster from preventing the installation of more online threats.
Posted Image Things I use: Firefox, Firefox Portable.

#3 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,574 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:30 AM

If it is a keylogger or other infection (which is likely), it is unlikely that that solution suggested will work... Please read the FAQ and post in Malware Removal with the log(s) needed...

However, since your original post was last November, I doubt you are even around to see this response...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button