settings for spyware blaster

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 maroulla

maroulla

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:46 AM

I am following instructions on how to clear viruses, spyware and malaware from my computer. I am a novice at this and not sure what settings to use for spyware blaster, at the moment I have opted for complete protection. Will I get the option to allow active X when I need it?

I have done the following
used ad-aware, spybot, cwshredder, ccleaner, McAfee avert stinger and have now downloaded spyware blaster and windows updates ( I already have the SP2 patch. They also recommended WinSock XP Fix, but when I went to the site they said this is only for IT professionals - should I use it? Is it necessary to use all these programs to clear the problems, does each one do something different?

The next step is to download super antispyware home edition and obtain a log and post it to a forum.
After that I have been recommended to use Hijack this log and post it to a forum.

I have full Norton Security installed but I still keep getting problems with trojans, spyware and malaware. Are there any better products I can use to protect my computer as I am reluctant to use credit cards as I do not know if anyone can access my information, Is there any way I can check this?

I know there are lots of questions, but I am really keen to learn how to protect my computer and I am very grateful for your help.

#2 Indrid_Cold

Indrid_Cold

Forum Deity

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:22 PM

Topic and HijackThis log posted here - http://forums.spywar...mp;#entry601076

You misunderstand the purpose of SpywareBlaster. It does not inhibit the install of all ActiveX controls, just the malicious ones.

Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted software.

See here - http://www.javacools...areblaster.html
Hope is not a method.

If I have helped in some way, please consider donating to SpywareInfo's crusade against Malware See Here

Member of ASAP since 2004 Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals
Member of UNITE since 2006 United Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Fight back Malware Complaints

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button