Anti Virus Protection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tinner666

tinner666

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:17 PM

Thanks for allowing me to learn here, though I'm waayyyyyyyy behind the curve now. I'll be trying to catch up again. I was able to use your training to clear up friend's computers here and there.
Not many here will recognize my name. I've been busy with life and haven't been in for a long while.
I was gone for a long time and have a lot of catching up to do! Many illnesses kept us in the hospital and I hope to restart training soon. Still a few more visits to go.
About 4-5 years back, I had told CMN I was using AVG and McAfee side by side and purposely hunting virues and trojans. He said to let him know how it went. Well, in 4-5 years, I never had a glitch with those two, and it was a coin toss on which would light up first.

There were issues when using Norton side by side with anything. I'd bet they wrote their program that way.

I recently got tired of paying McAfee since AVG seemed to do as well. I'm now also using AVG, AVGAS and AVAST together. I'll let you know how it works out.

I'll be dropping in to resume training as much as life will allow, and hopefully can join your ranks as lowly helper trainee soon. Frank Albert

#2 tinner666

tinner666

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 03:34 PM

I went here Link pooched! h**p://momsen-sisters.fan-sites.org/ Link pooched! and each time, AVG caught the JS/Downloder within seconds. Avast never signalled anything. First 'test' of these 2 with both on at same time.

FWIW, AVG seems system friendly with other AV's. Don't try it with Norton. Members - Unless you are ready to cope with what could be an infected PC, I would suggest that you do not visit at all. Under any circumstances! - Indrid_Cold

Edited by Indrid_Cold, 19 December 2007 - 04:34 PM.

#3 Indrid_Cold

Indrid_Cold

Forum Deity

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:20 PM

tinner666 - Being a long time Trainee, you should at least know our policy about posting live links to probable malware sites in the public forums.

Don't!
Hope is not a method.

If I have helped in some way, please consider donating to SpywareInfo's crusade against Malware See Here

Member of ASAP since 2004 Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals
Member of UNITE since 2006 United Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Fight back Malware Complaints

#4 tinner666

tinner666

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 04:47 PM

You're right! I don't know what I was thinking about. :scratchhead: It won't happen again. Sorry!

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button