About.Blank

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cbr900

cbr900

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 04:07 PM

Newbie wants to know if anyone knows of a solution for the removal and prevention of re infection of the aboutblank virus. I mean one that actually works. I have no problem buying software to do this. So far remove aboutblank buddy, antispywareBot and all the usual adaware, spybot sd, hijackthis etc, have all failed to remove this most insidious of viruses.

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,537 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 06:14 PM

I suggest you read the FAQ and post a log in Malware Removal... Without seeing what the problem is, it is unlikely that we can help you remove it... As for prevention, read the article linked at the top of each page: "So how did I get infected in the first place?"...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 cbr900

cbr900

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:25 AM

I suggest you read the FAQ and post a log in Malware Removal... Without seeing what the problem is, it is unlikely that we can help you remove it... As for prevention, read the article linked at the top of each page: "So how did I get infected in the first place?"...

#4 cbr900

cbr900

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:34 AM

Without seeing what the problem is? The problem is my computer is infected with the about.blank virus. And I asked if anyone knew of a freeware utility to remove it. Permanently.

#5 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,537 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:42 AM

There is no single "about:blank" virus... There are a number of infections that may produce "about:blank" and there is at least one legit way that it can be produced... If you wish to debate that point, please look elsewhere for debaters... If you post logs, as requested, our helpers will be able to determine what type you have and help you remove it... In lieu of that, you can certainly wipe your computer and start over, that will cure almost any infection...
Budfred

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#6 cbr900

cbr900

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:22 AM

There is no single "about:blank" virus... There are a number of infections that may produce "about:blank" and there is at least one legit way that it can be produced... If you wish to debate that point, please look elsewhere for debaters... If you post logs, as requested, our helpers will be able to determine what type you have and help you remove it... In lieu of that, you can certainly wipe your computer and start over, that will cure almost any infection...

#7 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,537 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:52 PM

I appreciate that you liked my comments so much that you thought it would be good to repeat them in a quote, but I don't think that this is going to help solve your problem... Again, I suggest you post logs in Malware Removal to ask for help...
Budfred

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button