THANK YOU

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Munden

Munden

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:57 PM

I've had some issues with Trojans for a while now. I first got hit last year, and then a couple of times since then. I tried a few software packages, but none really seemed to help.

At each step, when Googling for help it seemed there was always a link near the top to these forums. The instructions were clear and concise, including links to good software. Although I've never posted, your instructions helped me anyway and without the need to add another 'me too' type of post of a problem like others who alread posted about that type of infection.

The forum FAQ and instructions on what to run before posting and WHAT I should post are as clear as a bell. Sadly, I'm sure the quality comes from experience and being so very badly needed by so many people. Still, I'm glad there are folks out there fighting the good fight. SpyBot SD and AVG have removed what were the last vestiges of the infections (just debris left in the registry mostly) and I've ununinstalled the other programs, which were colliding badly with each other and my system anyway.

Thanks again. I'm coming here FIRST should the unthinkable ever happen again.

Edited by Munden, 17 January 2008 - 08:51 PM.

#2 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:35 PM

Glad the forum was helpful, and we do appreciate your feedback. :D
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button