trojan virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kreater1990

kreater1990

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:20 PM

Hi very well run website here but unfortunately i followed a link to download a program called "Floppy-E Removal Tool.exe" and i acquired a trojan virus
the link was given by: miekiemoes on Jul 24 2006 and im just glad that my Avast anti-virus was working and updated i was a little disapointed with this as it was my first time looking through this website/forum and i follow a link and get a trojan not sure what else to write just thought i would let you know

EDIT:
here is the link http://forums.spywar...mp;#entry449026

Edited by kreater1990, 19 February 2008 - 03:33 PM.

#2 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:28 PM

I downloaded Floppy-E Removal Tool.exe just now and submitted it to Kaspersky ( http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus) on the off chance that it had been corrupted. Kaspersky reports:

Kaspersky Anti-Virus has not detected any viruses at this time in the file you submitted.

You must have gotten the virus from somewhere else.
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#3 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,466 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:10 PM

Trust me, atribune would be extremely offended to be accused of installing trojans on user's computers... atribune has contributed and maintained some of the most useful free tools that we use to fight malware...

Please note: a lot of the tools we might use can be assessed improperly by other security programs and produce False Positives... You may have fixed something that did not need to be fixed...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#4 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Expert

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,026 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:36 AM

Please send the Floppy-E Removal Tool.exe to Avast, so they can fix the false positive. It's the way how the tool is packed that they are flagging - The same way as they used to flag HijackThis.exe as well in the past.

Not sure either why you need the Floppy-E Removal Tool.exe, since this infection is already dead for 2 years (unless you decided to clean your computer after 2 years)
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow!---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see this topic for details.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button