Speeditupfree

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pepper

pepper

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 05:05 PM

Would like some information on Speeditupfree. Apparently, it would speed up computer by using hard drive optimization. The program seems pretty new and is getting some mixed reviews. I would like to know if anybody here have used this product and know something about it. Is it legitimate or just junkware?

Thanks.

#2 0vermind

0vermind

Internet Security Junkie

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:48 PM

Being in the computer industry for some time now and seeing the rise and fall of new software, I'd suggest waiting atleast a month for real reviews to kick in and stuff.
For all we know it could be spyware/trojan infected or it might just be plain crap. I can not honestly tell right now either way. You'd be better off to wait a while.

As for good tune up tools and programs, I recommend Advanced Windows Care Personal Edition for performance and a good all-in-one tuneup it's free.

For cleanup and a great set of tools I use Glary Utilities which is also free.

I would also like to mention a non-free product, System Mechanic, which I found extremely helpful in fixing many performance issues in Windows XP and Vista. It seems to solve my problems easily. But it does have a price label of around $50-80 depending on the version you get. However, you can use it for a trial period of 30-days.

For more popular and trusted downloads you can almost always rely on Download.com or Betanews

Hope this helps!
-Mike

My blog: www.MikesSupport.com/blog

Computer Repair in Orem, Utah

#3 pepper

pepper

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:16 PM

Being in the computer industry for some time now and seeing the rise and fall of new software, I'd suggest waiting atleast a month for real reviews to kick in and stuff.
For all we know it could be spyware/trojan infected or it might just be plain crap. I can not honestly tell right now either way. You'd be better off to wait a while.

As for good tune up tools and programs, I recommend Advanced Windows Care Personal Edition for performance and a good all-in-one tuneup it's free.

For cleanup and a great set of tools I use Glary Utilities which is also free.

I would also like to mention a non-free product, System Mechanic, which I found extremely helpful in fixing many performance issues in Windows XP and Vista. It seems to solve my problems easily. But it does have a price label of around $50-80 depending on the version you get. However, you can use it for a trial period of 30-days.

For more popular and trusted downloads you can almost always rely on Download.com or Betanews

Hope this helps!
-Mike

Many thanks! I agree with you that I should wait and see what speeditupfree is really all about. I haven't heard of Glaryutilities, and think it would be worthwhile to try.

Cheers,
pepper

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button